New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have noticd in some o the pic of everyones sweet cougars that they have goten cat emblems for the trunk wherethe mercury one goes where can i find one of these and is it s pian in the butt to put it on? thanx a lot in advance guys

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
You can goto your dealer's part dept and ask to buy part # F8RZ-8213-BB. Thats the cougar emblem from the front grill. I recently got one for about $10 through the dealer. Haven't had time to install it yet. It comes with a couple of pegs used in the front grill, I shaved those off so that the sticky tape will stick evenly.

Edit, oh yeah the cougar emblem is slightly thicker then the standard mercury one. Not by much. Its also a little smaller in diameter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I have the same emblem as ShinyBlackCat does there in his signature pic. The carbon fiber looks SO much better than the stock Merc emblem - especially against my zinc yellow paint. The emblem is slightly larger than the stock one, but that doesn't bother me a bit. If you're gonna do this mod, it's super easy. Just try to apply some heat to your emblem with a hairdryer. That should soften up the adhesive tape and make it easier to remove. I used dental floss to "saw" the emblem off, but I think it would be much easier to use fishing line. It still won't hurt your paint, but it also won't fray - floss obviously does. Use a product called "goo-gone" to get the rest of the adhesive off once you've removed the merc emblem. Just remember that it strips all the wax off, so you'll want to make sure you re-apply some of that. I also heard that peanut butter works in a similar way without stripping wax, but I wasn't ballsy enough to actually try that. Anyway, the same process goes for removing your "c-o-u-g-a-r" and "v-6" letters if you so desire to do that... Best of luck!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm actually thinking of doing something with mine this week. I think I am going to the local sign shop for this one....I am going to get a round piece of 3m Scotchlite in red, then get the cougar head symbol in the same material but white to put over it, then just place it over the Mercury badge. I'll probably do the same for the grille piece as well. I'm also going to get a white piece cut the same size as the 3rd brake light but with COUGAR cut out in the cougar font...I'll let you guys know how much this is gonna be to get done and maybe set up some little purchases if anyone wants some......

·
Registered
285 Posts
You can just get the brake light cover from vinzdecals.com. I think its like ten bucks if i remember correcly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can relocate the "COUGAR" lettering from you trunk lid to the third brake light with some double-sided carpet tape.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Funny thing you should ask...I just got back from my local sign shop and got him to cut me a couple of things...I got some white reflective tape to cover the 3rd brakelight and had him cut COUGAR out..(futura Font)...I also had him cut out a black vinyl circle to cover the mercury emblem, then cut a white cougar badge to place inside...i'll post some pics when I get a chance...I could prabaly get a couple made if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The pics are in...I think maybe the 3rd brake light could use a 'V6' right under the COUGAR to fill up the space, Whadda you guys think? I also took one that shows the Cougar badge on my Rear window..All in white reflective for that night-time glow.... Sorry if the res is low...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i am looking for a company to produce the thundercat symbol for me so i can replace the stock ones

ie. like my signature pic

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
if i get them done i will let you guys know
how much and all

·
Registered
25 Posts
What colors you want? I can probably get them made up...You can just place them on top of your merc badge...Gimmie exactly what u want to see though...I see what I can do...
If you look a couple of posts ago there is a pick of my cougar badge...it was done like that...Black vinyl under a white reflective cougar...two stickers...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
yeah i saw yours...liked them. i want them red and black

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was actually going to go this week and see the guy, but some girl from T.O hit my wifes Focus on the 401 and totalled it...I haven't had the spare time yet but I'll get there...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey Lord, could you post some pics of nightime with the brake light on? I just wanna see what it looks like when the light shines thru.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts