New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Mercury Cougar V6 Hatchback is still running on a stock exhaust and I am thinking of upgrading it. I might go for a Magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Any other suggestions?

·
Administrator
24,230 Posts
Yeah Magnaflow doesn't make an exhaust for this platform. You can get a generic Magnaflow muffler to fabricate into an exhaust system, but that's about it.

I do believe Trubendz is the only place that sells the pipe kits new, and they do sell them with Magnaflow mufflers.

NOTE: there have been many comments about fitment problems with the Trubendz kits, so it might take a little fab work after the fact to make everything fit 100%.

I never liked their kits for street cars, personally , because they weren't resonated at the tip. Creates a really farty noise compared to the old Borla and Pacesetter kits, which were the best for a good sound. If you want the cleanest noise, you need some sort of straight-through resonator or mini-muffler at the end, under the rear bumper, in addition to the large one in the center of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts