New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I can only speak for myself, but I'd really like a Carolina Neco decal or two on my car (and to have some meets, but small steps) Ideas, thoughts, other pictures, whatever, post them here. ND4SPD said he'd be glad to make us one, but he would like a reward for his time. I'll only ask him to make one if there is enough interest.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Ill try and draw something, and maybe someone can photoshop it up good enough to make prints.

It would need to be vector(Illustrator) in order to get decals. I would suggest B&W and/or spot color(solid). No gradients and such. I can vectorize it if needed.

Example, here's some stuff I did for a local drift team.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'd definately be interested in one....it'll have to wait till I get my car repainted...lol:rofl:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure, take a pic. No one has really suggested any designs other than Micah, and that kind of logo is what I was thinking, rather than a generic state outline + cougar head + Carolina NECO + Link = logo, something pretty slick instead.

Micah, do you know the performance efx shop/club? What is up with them using the shocker as their logo...

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Micah, do you know the performance efx shop/club? What is up with them using the shocker as their logo...

Yeah, I know Chris.....he's the one that does shirts and decals. I don't think they're using it anymore. I didn't see it on his car the other night.

The pics I posted were really for reference on what you want to send to the person making the decals. You must send an eps file with scalable line art.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to the career center show they sponsored a month ago, and I just saw shockers all over every Performance EFX car... and those window tags... I think my brother might join them...

Anyway, back to the logo. I just did this pretty quick in MS Publisher (haven't loaded up the laptop with any photo goodies yet) The colors are purposefully different to show each layer. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, he wasn't. He's thinking about joining after his car is together enough, he's in the process of swapping engines, and by the end of the year should have all the body work done and just be ready for paint. (He takes a body and collision class at career center, so he gets it painted and has access to everything he needs for a full build of his car. I'm going to get mine painted there soon, apparently to get your car painted by the students, it is the cost of paint plus 20%... which is nothing compared to other places. And the kids get graded on it, and won't give it back until it is perfect! Sounds like a deal to me!)

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
You guys should both come out to one of our importsnc meets. EFX has a separate section of the forum if he wants to join and post in there. Chris is really the only one I know as far as the EFX crew. Really nice guy:)

Not to get off track or anything......What you just did there is a good example of how you should be designing this logo. Spot color and it certainly can be vectorized. I have the cougar head in vector.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.