New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are the measurements of the cougar v in the hood? does anyone know? ha if you do please let me know, because right now my car is at home, ha and im on vacation or else i would measure it now, but just post the measurments and ill call them up, thanks

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i called the guys at buddyclub2 about their carbon fiber hood scoop today. the measurment of it are 15" long by about 13" wide. Now im not sure about my hood so does anyone know if that would fit correlctly and look good? please get back to me on this one. thanks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I went out and looked at my hood for you... I didn't measure, but if that scoop is 15" wide the only place it will fit is all the way on the top of the hood by the windshield before the V starts. It would look weird there. That is unless you want to fiberglass it on - but I still think it would look weird.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WHat if i just put in on the hood and the scoop will be over the v part and it would be kinda of like you see the v part but then the scoop would stick out over it and the v would disapper. do u think that woud look good?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
you would destroy the CF if you fiberglass/molded it to the hood. You would be forced to paint the scoop. So i would assume this would be a bolt/stick on application only.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Like I said, I am not too good with photoshop yet... But here is my best attempt. I don't like it. I think it is the color of my car that turns me off of carbon fiber. If you get me a picture of your car I can put it on that instead. I think that one problem you are going to run into is that the scoop will overlap the V and look really awkward... There would be a big gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, i think im just going to go with the visteon hood scoop. Now i need some opinons on this one. My car is silver frost, so would the scoop look better in it were silver frost also or if it were black? thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.