New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i won a carbon fiber dash kit on sunday evening. i didnt post it cause i didnt want to lose. hehe. i won the kit for 30 bucks plus 10.50 for shipping. got it last night and put it on, its looks great. no problems at all with shipping, product or seller. he answered all my questions on time too. ill post pics as soon as i get to my dads. the ebay page

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
hence the reasoning for your previous post....

Originally posted by: IH8CIVX
this is a 99 as well. the dash peice that goes over the hvac controls and the steering wheel is a peice i thought came off of later model cougars as well. i assume all dash's fit all model years?? could someone help me out

·
Registered
115 Posts
IH8CIVX,

I also brought a dash kit from that guy a while ago on eBay and it was also C/F. I received it and it looks great but haven't put it on yet since I'm getting my Viper alarm installed this weekend. Was yours a 21 piece kit or 22 piece kit?? I'll look foward to seeing pics from yours installed and here's the link to the auction I won :biggrin:. (link)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: VHull03

this is a 99 as well. the dash peice that goes over the hvac controls and the steering wheel is a peice i thought came off of later model cougars as well. i assume all dash's fit all model years?? could someone help me out

i just wantd to know because i want to put the 2001 prefferated black peice that wraps ehind the steering wheel to the hvac controls. i like the texture it has.

i got the 21 peice. the only peices i didnt get with it was the peice that goes on top of the steering column. it joins the steering to the guage cover...know what i mean? i also didnt get a 2001 hvac cover that doesnt have the cirlce cut out in the left corner. that doesnt matter because i have a 99 :) what is that circle for anyways? its not on the 01's. also if anyone is interested i still have the 2 peices for an automatic. ill get rid of it, just pm me. it looks good the only real complaint is that it was a b**** to bend and some one of the peices (cigerette ashtray cover) was cut on an angle. its a rectangle peice like it should be, but the cf is kinda crooked* (*spelling?)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by: VHull03

i just wantd to know because i want to put the 2001 prefferated black peice that wraps ehind the steering wheel to the hvac controls. i like the texture it has.

i got the 21 peice. the only peices i didnt get with it was the peice that goes on top of the steering column. it joins the steering to the guage cover...know what i mean? i also didnt get a 2001 hvac cover that doesnt have the cirlce cut out in the left corner. that doesnt matter because i have a 99 :) what is that circle for anyways? its not on the 01's. also if anyone is interested i still have the 2 peices for an automatic. ill get rid of it, just pm me. it looks good the only real complaint is that it was a b**** to bend and some one of the peices (cigerette ashtray cover) was cut on an angle. its a rectangle peice like it should be, but the cf is kinda crooked* (*spelling?)

I also didn't get that piece that goes on top of the steering column but I didn't worry about that cause I will be putting in a c/f gauge bezel soon. As for that little circle your talking about, that's the hole for the little speakerphone (or at least it looks to me like one) thing as shown in this pic of the dash (not mines) below...

I don't know why but my 99 has that speakerphone thing...yours doesn't??

Also did u heat up the dash pieces before sticking them on?? Heating them wit a hair dryer or heat gun makes them much more flexible and easier to install.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine does have that thing. i dont know what its for, newer cougars dont have it. and no, i tried putting them on fresh after getting them from ups in the 14 degree weather. the peices that didnt go on well i will take off and try again with glue or some new sticky patches from 3m.

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
mine does have that thing. i dont know what its for, newer cougars dont have it. and no, i tried putting them on fresh after getting them from ups in the 14 degree weather. the peices that didnt go on well i will take off and try again with glue or some new sticky patches from 3m.
I hope you are kidding Adam.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts