New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car decided not to start this morning. I have a 99 ATX. I turned the key and all I got was a rough clicking noise. It hasnt shown any signs of my fuel pump going out, but thats what it sounds like it is. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Same thing happend to me about a week ago I had a dead cell in my battery. If you get it tested it might come up that it's good, so test it again. Lucky I have a MTX so I just kick started it ;)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Just jumpstart the car and get it to the autostore... They will check the battery and alternator for you to let you know if you have to replace both, or just the battery. It is definitely the battery though. Jumpstart it and you should be able to get it going.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i had a problem like that 4 times . . . in all different places . . . it turns out that my battery connecters were a little loose and slipping a little bit . . . so the next time my car wouldn't start i just tightened them up and it started . . . thats probably not your problem . . . but hey, might as well check

Josh

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had the same problem a week or so ago and the battery was dead so i jump started it and drove around all day then it started right up the next day when I took my lights out to do my angel eyes but left the car running while i took them out........then that morning I went to start it just to let it run cuz I currently have no license and it wouldnt even click it was deader than dead so I had to buy a new battery.....so your best bet is to buy a new batt

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New Battery was exactly correct! I bought a new battery and replaced it and it started right up. Its started up a couple of times since, so it looks like the problem is fixed. Thanks for the help!

P

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: Jesslynn
I had the same problem a week or so ago and the battery was dead so i jump started it and drove around all day then it started right up the next day when I took my lights out to do my angel eyes but left the car running while i took them out........then that morning I went to start it just to let it run cuz I currently have no license and it wouldnt even click it was deader than dead so I had to buy a new battery.....so your best bet is to buy a new batt

Why no license Jess?

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have no license cuz cops suck and love to pull me over...so what if is have a speeding habit...ya dont have to pull me over for it...but I get it back on the 20th of this month:biggrin:...but with my luck there will be snow on the ground and wont be able to drive it I would be sooo mad:mad:i hate snow but living in maine i really have no choice

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah those silly cops and their stupid rules, haha. Sounds like your city is really tight with nothing to do but set up speed traps, or your peeling outta dunkin doughnuts, one or the other!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts