·
Registered
324 Posts
Ok, sounds like you have a plan. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
This thread is a little bit all over the place. There's a lot of great knowledge in this forum but you haven't actually given us a lot of information to work with. It looks like you've thrown a lot of new parts into the car but haven't really told us about your symptoms, sequence of events, or why you did the things you did. For example, you haven't even told us if it turns over or not. Troubleshooting efforts will be very different if its turning over vs if its not turning over...

I THINK your saying the problem started after you tried to fix an oil leak. If that's the case then its almost certainly a problem with something you touched, not with a fuel regulator, fuel pump, or any other parts not affected by your work.
Anytime someone removes the upper intake manifold, vacuum lines and manifold gaskets are immediately suspect. Anytime you touch the injector connectors, those become immediately suspect too. Replacing injectors just because they are old is pretty unusual, I would be curious about if you installed the correct size injectors or if you bench tested them before installation.
All of these are just conjecture without more information about the symptoms though.

Side note: The IMRC wont affect the ability to start the car, that's just a minor inconvenience so don't get distracted by it.

If you could start at the beginning and tell us exactly what you're seeing and all the symptoms you've experienced we might be able to fast-track you're efforts for you and save you the trouble of showering money and labor at new parts you don't need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My valve cover gaskets were leaking and causing oil to get in the spark plug holes cause them to misfire. I had a fuel injector in cylinder one a while back that went bad and only replaced one so I thought I change them all now. I replaced the intake manifold gaskets previously about 4 months ago. The car turns over but will not stay running. I used some starting fluid and it will run with starting fluid but then turn off again. I pump the gas pedal and it seems to want to stay on but it's not getting enough fuel pressure as it seems. And there is fuel in the line. It has spark because I've tested all of them with spark tester.

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
I had a fuel injector in cylinder one a while back that went bad and only replaced one so I thought I change them all now...
Unusual. Welp, no matter. Now your injectors and connectors are suspicious. Keep that in the back of your mind for now, because that's not the first thing I would look at.

...And there is fuel in the line....
How do you know? If the pump is running than your probably right, I'm just curious how you confirmed fuel in the line.

I pump the gas pedal and it seems to want to stay on but it's not getting enough fuel pressure as it seems.
This is easy to check. You can get a loaner fuel pressure gauge from the chain parts stores and check for pressure. Or buy a kit from the same stores for not much money and have it on-hand forever after. Like before though, that's still not my first suspicion.

...I replaced the intake manifold gaskets previously about 4 months ago. The car turns over but will not stay running...I pump the gas pedal and it seems to want to stay on but...
This sounds like a classic vacuum leak or idle air hose brainfart.
Start by going back over every inch of hose and tubing connected to the intake manifold, starting with the one on the IACV. Don't forget the one underneath the throttle. Check every wire connector you touched while your at it. If all the hoses and connectors are intact and installed correctly, than try your starting fluid around the UIM gasket to look for vacuum leaks there. If you didnt torque the manifold correctly, than go back and loosen the UIM bolts and retorque them in accordance with the build manual procedure (posted below). You can also get a loaner vacuum gauge from the parts stores to check your vacuum situation.

I would be 100% sure of the air side of things before bothering with the fuel side. If you get that far, then start by checking fuel pressure and if that's good then you need to bench test your injectors and take a closer look at your connectors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
My vaccum solenoid valve it broken would that be a cause
What valve are you talking about?
The idle air valve would definitely be a big problem.

The EGR solenoid probably not so much.

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
Broken EGR solenoid would give you trouble with a vacuum leak, probably - but certainly not enough to keep it from running.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Ok after replacing the fuel pressure sensor it starts but as it tries to idle it shakes. And it will drive but I don't feel it's safe enough to travel with.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts