New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this last friday I went crazy and got my car ready for winter and ready for 60k . Oil Change, Tranny fluid change, fuel filter, and new serpentine belt. Only took like hour and a half. Really easy actuallly, I recomend it to anyone who has big miles.

Tony

Oh yeah I forgot why i posted this, I picked up like 4 mpg after I did all this stuff.

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
I spent last weekend on my Saturn. Did the ol' oil change and installed my adjustable STB and 8.5mm hi-perf wires. Check this beast out:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I did all the winter prepage last weekend. Damn my next oil change is at 105,389miles. :(
Now I need to put my spare tire away and hook up the system for the 20's million time. :ugh:
And give my car a good hand washing and slap on some wax and shes all set to go into the
garage to get undercoated.

Welp, back to work..

·
5,273 Posts
Turned 29,000 miles on Sunday evening. So almost ready for the first big service date at 30K.

I'll call her ready for winter after that, since I don't have summer tires to pull off yet, and I put 3 coats of Zymol on it in the 3 weeks prior to the Halloween meet.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
im getting the oil changed today, getting a new cabin air filter, and giving her, her last wash and wax before winter. should be fun.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Cats been under the covers for over a month now. But still have the rims on, hopefully sold um so I m not too worried about taking um off necess. But I dunno, prbly still take um off during Thanksgiving break. Also about to start stereo install with slades help(i hope lol) and go with that. Removing front bumper in order to remesh everything and install foglights.

Saturn looks good! :)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I just did the oil change and plugs & wires last week...that's it.
How the hell can all of you wash and wax your car at this time of year? I'm freezing my nuts off by the time i stick my hand in the water...

·
5,273 Posts
Brian asked...
How the hell can all of you wash and wax your car at this time of year?
Um, I don't :) My three layers of wax were before Halloween, and all on 60 degree or warmer days (at least the washing part of it). I have the advantage of a garage, so I don't need to have daylight to wax, just to wash.

Unless I'm lucky, and get a warm Saturday, I'm done until spring. There isn't enough daylight left to hadwash after work during the week anymore :( I will wash it in the coin op at least once a week, and now this winter I'm going to try the Quik Detailer after I get it home and in the garage again to see if that keeps it better.

And yes, I have washed it in enough cold and wind that the warm rinse water froze on one side while I was still rinsing the other side. And yes, it usually is warm enough at least once in January or February to hand wash and wax it, assuming you can leave work early enough to have daylight. I could do that at the previous job, but probably not this one.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyro81
I just did the oil change and plugs & wires last week...that's it.
How the hell can all of you wash and wax your car at this time of year? I'm freezing my nuts off by the time i stick my hand in the water...
its probably close to the last warm day here. i think its around 56 deg. right now. i just got done with some yard work and it felt great outside. very plesant day for washing the car!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I'm slow as hell at washing my car. So by the time i finish rinsing off one side the other one is already dry... I can't stand the cold, even on days like today. If i have to wear a light jacket or even a flannel i rarely do anything outside.

Does anybody else have a nagging problem of the positive terminal on their battery corroding? I almost didn't get the car started this morning when leaving work. As soon as i got home i popped the hood and sure enough, the terminal had a little green on it. It's annoying as hell. I have to clean it off at least once a month or so. My dad broke the little cover that used to go over that terminal. But i doubt that really prevented it from corroding much.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Positive cable? I don't know, but I do know there's a nasty problem going around with the negative battery cable coming loose quite often. It's happened to people including myself. Could be the source of many stupid electrical problems. Keep an eye on that.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh yeah I forgot why i posted this message, I picked up 4 mpg after the much needed upkeep. I may have come from the fuel filter replacement, or the new tranny fluid.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
As far as i know i've never had a problem with my negative cable coming loose. I accidently forgot to tighten my positive cable once. But that's as close to a loose cable i've ever had.

On a side note i wish this raffle would hurry up and get over with. I wanna see who wins (hopefully me *crosses fingers*).

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Brian, its all about dedication!! LOL. jk but for real, Ive washed my car on way colder days then this, one time I had ice sheets from the water, that was in my mustang days, now I wash with my garage heater on and keep the outside a lil warmer, then dry inside. It helps having a dad whos into cars too, cuz we got a 4 car garage :)

But use warm water and it helps alot :)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Dammit, you know what sucks...today is actually a good day to do so. Too bad it's RAINING! I hate rain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts