New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing Better Than Kick-Ass Car Movies!

Besides the following what else is out on DVD that stars cars?

"That Fast and The Furious"
"Too Fast Too Furious"
"Gone in Sixty Seconds"

·
Registered
904 Posts
Redlined- an australian FnF, apparently the correct way to dyno a car is to take it out in the parking lot and grind all the rubber off your tires, at least that's what they do.

American Graffiti- old school, classics

Smokey and the Bandit

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CANNONBALL RUN was awesome...soooo old. I thought I was the only person who had ever seen that movie and Im only 18 haha...

Ya know what? I have like all 007 movies on DVD and I had no idea Roger Moore was in Cannonball Run!! I need to buy this movie

ANYONE ELSE??? NAME OFF MOVIES THAT ROCK CARS!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I rank F&F among the worse car movies ever made. :banghead: How bad? I would rank Sylvester Stalone's Driven higher and that one is pretty bad!

The top five car films in my opinion:

1. C'etait un rendevous
2. Grand Prix (through not out on DVD - just VHS)
3. Le Mans
4. The Italian Job (original)
5. On Any Given Sunday (motorcycle film)

Then there was Bullitt, Thunder Road, American Graffiti, Days of Thunder, the original Gone in 60 Seconds, the new Gon in 60 Seconds, the new Italian Job, Junkyard Man, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry... so many better films than the stupid F&F movies. Even as recent as Ronin, which featured the best chase scene since Bullitt.

Top comedy would be Cannon Ball Run II though Smokey and the Bandit movies were also very funny thanks entirely to Jackie Gleason's character. Blues Brothers is also a classic, if you count it as a car movie.

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
There's a movie call "Taxi" that is supposedly really good. It's in French and directed by the guy who ruined the Batman films...Joel Shuemaker?

Anyway, IIRC it's about competing taxi syndicates all driving to be the #1 in the city. It's about 2hrs of chasings, jumps, drifting & mayham. All kinds of cars in it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Originally posted by: JScullin
There's a movie call "Taxi" that is supposedly really good. It's in French and directed by the guy who ruined the Batman films...Joel Shuemaker?

Anyway, IIRC it's about competing taxi syndicates all driving to be the #1 in the city. It's about 2hrs of chasings, jumps, drifting & mayham. All kinds of cars in it.

There's a Taxi 2 and Taxi 3 as well. I've seen bits and pieces of Taxi and the chase scenes seem really good and as a comedy, it has gotten good reviews. It has a tremendous following in Europe. But like Rendevous, it is only available as a Region 2 DVD so you'll need a special DVD Player to read it here in North America or you'll need to watch it on a computer. The good thing is that they are relatively cheap. I've seen them priced as low as 25 Euros for all three.

The original Taxi is about a taxi driver named Daniel who souped up his Peugeot 406 Taxicab and drives his passengers through the streets of Marseilles at very high speeds. He gets pulled over for speeding and to prevent getting his license taken away a deal is made for him to help the police deal with this gang of thieves from Germany that make speedy getaways in their souped up Mercedes Benzes. Although the plot seems as stupid as those of the F n' F movies, the movie is a comedy. The chase scenes are supposed to be excellent.

In Taxi 2, Daniel drives a special black Peugeot 406 that was created (like Knight Rider's KIT) to protect the Japanese Ambassador on his trip to Paris from terrorists and ninja assasins. Instead of Mercedes, in this movie the bad guys drive Mitsubishi Evo VIs.

In Taxi 3, Sylvester Stalone makes a cameo appearance. Getting chased by a gang of theives on rollerskates, he hails a taxi cab to make a getaway. The taxi that he happens to get into turns out to be Daniel's souped up Peugeot. I heard that Taxi 3 is more like a soap opera and the focus is more on the personal lives of the characters that have developed in Taxi 1 and 2 than some crazy plot against gangs in souped up cars. That's all I know about the movie. It just came out recently.

Supposedly an American version is now in the works (inevitable) with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah in the starring roles.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: JScullin
Supposedly an American version is now in the works (inevitable) with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah in the starring roles.:rolleyes:
Any movie by Jimmy Fallon I would rather shoot myself than go see.

M

·
0 Posts
Ronin

Some of the best car chases ever, and yes, real time recording, not as WIMPY as in Gone in 60 secs, where its taped slow and played at regular speed.....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Originally posted by: Miez
Ronin

Some of the best car chases ever, and yes, real time recording, not as WIMPY as in Gone in 60 secs, where its taped slow and played at regular speed.....
what Miez said...

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seems like I've seen Ronin, sounds familiar, don't remember what is was about though.

What's the transporter about?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: Q4kntmare

The transporter rocks!
I just got done watching that.

Technically it's not really about cars. It's about a guy whom transports things for a fee no questions asked. He has rules he abides by and broke one of them. Meyhem ensues and fights break out. It is a good action flick but not much of a car flick. Although there is some nice driving in it.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
vanishing point:bowdown:

bullitt:bowdown:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I need to go rent some movies next weekend...

I can't believe I haven't seen some of these movies...bullitt, the transorter!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts