New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i gotta problem, well a couple really, but one i can't figure out. Thought maybe someone could help me out or tell me what i need to do. For starters, my car is shaking really bad when i am braking, which i would assume to be bad rotors and that is a fairly easy fix.

The other thing is that when i am braking, lately the car seems to be lunging or pulling forward when it is downshifting. It has also been running really hard i guess you could say.. reving high when it normally wouldn't. I have an Automatic transmission. I have checked the fluids and everything is fine. Can anyone help me? Has anyone has this problem? I dread the money i would have to pay to put a new tranmission in!!

Jenna

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i heard something on Car Talk the other day that sounded similar to your probelm, and they said it might be a bad fuel filter or fuel pump? they also suggested something else, but it was really costly. they said the fuel system wasnt putting out enough fuel, or the right amount. dont know if its anything similar with you...

·
Registered
586 Posts
if its not the rotors it could be the tierods....mine did that but it was the tierods

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.