New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car keeps dyin on me . It just shuts off . It will crank right back up no problem . I have a new battery so I know its not that. It dosnt stall or put it just shuts off . What could this be ? Mabey the Alternator ? If so how much dose that usally coast ?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Well it could be one of about a thousand things. Are you getting a CEL? What other symptoms do you have, studdering, sputtering, hesitation?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
have you recently made any changes or installed any mods?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It dosnt putt or stall at all . It just dies ....kinda like someone just took the battiery out of the car. Its only a few months old so thats not the problem . I had the values reseld and replaced the spark plugs so I have no idea why this is happeing ,but it dose only seem to happen when i have the air conditioner on

·
Registered
12 Posts
My cougar did the same thing. I found a burn't red wire on the back side of the fuse block ( under side, not side with fuses ) It was located far right corner. because it was toasted the car would start then die when connection went bad. I had to go to a junk yard to get a new connector. Once wired in the car ran reliably. Funny part is this past Saturday I was playing tunes at a party, when I went to leave the car had same symptoms. Good power at battery, all lights on dash lit starter relays click but put key to start position and nothing. No clicking no cranking , nothing. Except this time that wire looks like it got hot but still has power and is no where as melted as it was the first time. Good luck. If anyone has any more advice I will be checking in now and then. I also have a Ford Technition thats will to look at the car today after work. I will post what he finds. Hopefully he can diag it in the middle of the field its stuck in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mine dided like that 1 time about a year ago ...it was the timeing belt . u may wanna have that checked out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.