New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a football game and my coug got key'd right above the drivers door handle. I am pissed as hell. I wanted to end a life. Now what should I go about trying to fix it?? Thanx

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the same problem, i have heard of a crayon type wax that is the color of your car that you can put over it and it covers it up a little. but i have yet to find it, does anyone know what i am talking about?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have some of theat crayon type wax.... I have a rio red cougar... Now the rock chips look pink... Maybe on black or silver it would look better?? But on red it dont match good at all.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
is it big and really noticeable? Because one of my friends had his entire car keyed, and with the insurance money he got, he bought an entire bumper-replacement body kit, had the spoiler removed, trunk holes filled, and the entire car repainted!

Mike

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Loyalty of FL NECO had a good way of removing deep scratches and chips. They performed the mod at one of their local meets a year or so ago. It involved paint, fine sanding, and some 3M products. I wish I still had the how-to, but it got lost when the PM format changed.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my key is down the whole car, from headlight to tail light. but i have a 1000$ deductable so it wouldn't be worth making the claim

how do you think the crayon/wax would work on spruce green

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Im in the same position you are man. Someone got my hood and all the way down the side a few months ago. Ill do something about it eventually but im not too concerned.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i already got into 1 accident i need the highest deductable i can get

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
fill out a police report hunny...if they find that the same thing happened to alot of people and they find out who did it, you're all set :) it's a long road but in the end you might get some money. i'm just getting paid back for the f*cks that egged my car in May. believe me, if you know who did it, it gives you so much more gratification when they have to pay for your stuff. good luck!!
:wiggle:
~Heidi~

·
Registered
540 Posts
A guy I work with had his Alero keyed, He bought some of that GS27 he saw on an infomercial, used it and it worked pretty good. If you run your finger over it you can still feel it, but you don't notice it by looking at it.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'd also try to first clay bar it, then wax it with a couple coats of good wax...if that doesnt work, try using some scratch remover (i use Blue Coral). but if all else fails, try to have it buffed out at a body shop. in the case that the scratches are so deep that they need to be repainted...im sorry dude! i know how that goes :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
My car got keyed on the trunk not too long ago... I took it to a body shop cuz I had other work that had to be done anyhow. After they buffed it and did a little bit of touch up I can't even see it anymore. I got all my scratches buffed and the chips touched up all over my car for a little less than $100. Good luck!

·
Registered
674 Posts
how do you think the crayon/wax would work on spruce green
Like ass my friend, I tried it with the grey wax, and was way to light, the green is way to green.....so I would just try a real good wax and try to buff it out.....if not then body shop that thing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts