New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just wondering if anyone else has ideas on what could be wrong with my car.

On slow right hand turns, with the clutch pushed in my car will die. This is happening more and more frequently. I have never had the car die while taking a left. I have bled the clutch several times to make sure that there was no air in the system. Now, The car origionally started out as an ATX and I am still using the origional engine program with the MTX. I dont suspect this to be the culprit but I have no clue as of this point. The car almost acts as if i just dumped the clutch while coasting through the turn. If it was a newer DSM I would be suspecting a crank walk problem from what I have heard of that issue, but I have no idea with the cougar.

If anyone has any sugjestions or has had this problem your help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
A friend of mine has the same problems with his truck. Its a Ford F150 that started out life as a ATX 2wd. He swapped in a MTX 4wd tranny, and he is also using the stock ECU. He has also had this same problem except his truck stalls around most corners if he doesnt give it some gas. You can try downshifting before the turn, so that your clutch isnt depressed around the corner. Or you can get a MTX ECU.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it die? or does it go down jerking and bucking to all hell?
I get a little bit of bucking right before it dies.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket intake? I ask this because my Zetec did this when I installed the CTA intake. The IAT was a little loose in the tube. I tightened it and it stopped doing it.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Is your check engine light on??? Mines been on for a while and is doin the same thing (dyin every once in a while)...I need a new O2 sensor, and I think that could be the problem in mine.......

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
bump....anyone else got any ideas bout this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts