New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car broke into on the way back from Fest

My car was broke into while staying in San Diego. I was on my was back from fest and was only a day out from Phoenix. now I am stuck here until GEICO gets it fixed. Luckily I have insurance on everything that was stolen. Check it out...

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
RE: Car broke into on the way back from Fest

Dude... holy ish.. sorry to see that, best of luck.
wow looks like someone had plenty of time though
hotel had no security?
Speechless

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
RE:Car broke into on the way back from Fest

That sucks man :(. Did you have your alarm on? Seems like it would take someone a while to get all that stuff out :shrug:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

im really sorry to see that man. but its a damn good thing you got insurance for all of it! good thinking. i wish everyone would do the same!

edit: info about TV in steering wheel removed

·
Administrator
15,616 Posts

Wow man...You have my sympathy...it happened to me too.

Words can't describe the rage that you feel when you walk back to your car to find that. With me, it was my Nissan pickup truck in a hotel parking garage in Myrtle Beach. As I walked up to the truck I thought "I'm sure I didn't leave the sliding rear window open", then I saw the blue Phoenix Gold remote wire hanging out of the door :cry:

My insurance only covered $1000.00 of what was taken. That is just their policy...anything added to the car isn't worth over $1000.00 :crazy:

I hope you get treated well by the insurance company man! Good luck!

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts

Aaron, that's a picture of Nuty1ndr's car. Byrdman didn't have a monitor in his steering wheel. Sucks all the same. I can't believe someone wanted his airbag that much!

Byrd, I'm sorry to hear about your break in. I'm glad everything is getting fixed through Geico. As sorry as I am to say it, you'll probably be looking for new insurance soon. Maybe with the replacements, you'll get a set up that will give Joe's a smack down! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts

Originally posted by: tnkgurl
Aaron, that's a picture of Nuty1ndr's car. Byrdman didn't have a monitor in his steering wheel. Sucks all the same. I can't believe someone wanted his airbag that much!

Byrd, I'm sorry to hear about your break in. I'm glad everything is getting fixed through Geico. As sorry as I am to say it, you'll probably be looking for new insurance soon. Maybe with the replacements, you'll get a set up that will give Joe's a smack down! :thumbsup:
oh...lol
i saw what looked like a silver cougar in the pic, and thought it was his

thanks for the correctoin kelly! :)

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts

Check Joes garage..:flushed:

j/k man..yeah that sucks..I was planning a trip down to SD for labor day weekend..I may have to rethink that. Did you have an alarm?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

byrd... i'm SOOO sorry to hear that this was the ending to fest :( not like you didn't have enough problems to and from, but now this :cry:
really wish you the best with getting the car fixed and making it home sometime soon :biggrin: -- peanut and cashew must really miss you!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

Sorry to see that man, hopefully insurance will replace everything.

I hate insurance companies, all it is is legal theivery

This makes me seriously wanna go all out with a badass alarm system and remote start ... any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts

Aw dude! That seriously sucks... =(

Good thing is the insurance company cannot cancel you or raise your rates because of this, since it's covered under comprehensive. Good move on getting an insurance company that'll cover everything. (Its not like we don't have pics of what was in there beforehand!)

Hope you get taken care of with this tho, don't let em try and screw ya around!

E1

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

OFFphhhh thats why I never have car audio stuff any more.

Cant believe they snagged your airbag too.

Just beglad they didnt peel your column in a lame attempt to steal your car. No stereo is one thing, having a completely disabled car with electrical wiring damage is terrible.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts

good lord! I remember looking at all that at stuff at cougarfest... it was all together so nicely! I can't believe someone broke in an F'd everything up :mad::mad::mad:

I hope you can get everything back to the way you want it... and soon!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts

Holy [censored] Byrd, sorry to hear about that. I'd been starting to wonder if everything was OK, you hadn't gotten back to AZ yet and its been over a week since Fest was over.

Hopefully you can get it all fixed and get back to AZ safely. Let me know if theres anything I can do to help around here (plan the 1 Year meet, or whatever) so you can stay focused on getting your car straightened out.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.