New Cougar Forum banner

capacitor and fuse question.

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Lukydogg 
#1 ·
do you put the fuse before or after the capacitor? or do i need one before AND after? thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Before as in next to the battery. Then after the cap too in a distribution block. Thats always nice to have if ever needing 2 or more amps. Then the amp should have an onboard fuse, so 3 fuses for 1 line is well protected. 1 covers battery, 1 covers cap, then 1 covers the amp.

This is what I have, but there are others with their own opinions. So you dont have to put it just like mine, someone will say otherwise, they always do- - - -cheers!

#6 ·
ok, so today i picked up a fused distribution block (4 gauge in and 2 8 gauge wires out), same thing with the distribution block for the ground, 12 feet of 8 gauge ground wire (i will use it for the pos and neg since i didnt want to spend $50 for the wiring kit when i didnt need the RCAs or the fuses since i got the fused distribution block), and 2 CAP quick-connecters for 4 gauge wires for the capacitor so the pos and neg dont accidently touch. so is there anything else i need to make my setup work?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.