·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

So I got that damn "wrench" light on.
I tried to get error code (2k cougar), switched ignition, pressed select+units,
heard some beep after 3-5 secs, then scrolled around with "select" button,
but there was no "DTC" section :( What i do wrong ?
thanx...

·
8,643 Posts
Do you mean the check engine light (in the cluster), or the service interval reminder (overhead)?

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
:kick: read the FAQs throughout the forum and try searching... [/flame]

the "wrench" light in your overhead console comes on every 2k miles IIRC... it just means its time for regular maintenance, ie oil change... check fluids etc... to reset it hold the select and units buttons on your trip computer for 5 seconds...

BTW, all of this is in your car's manual too

Dan

·
8,643 Posts
7500 miles, I think. This would be in your manual. ;) :cover:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean that check engine light, that first light in the panel, where transmission or engine is drawn.
So maybe it came because i have installed 4th generation gas equipment ?

BTW, gas I mean real gas, not benzine.

·
8,643 Posts
You need to go get the code pulled. Autozone can help you out here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Europe, there is no Autozone... But cougar came from America. So after about 500 myles after gas equipment installation this lamp came on...
Can I get this code by my self?

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Yes, you can. Go to a automotive parts store and ask for an OBDII compliant scanner.

And would you please explain what you mean by "4th generation gas equipment"? Are you talking about the fuel pump?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by: Pyro81
Yes, you can. Go to a automotive parts store and ask for an OBDII compliant scanner.

And would you please explain what you mean by "4th generation gas equipment"? Are you talking about the fuel pump?
Hm... but this happend after gas equipment installation, I heard this could be tipical car "reaction"...
Well, 4th gas equipment meant that i have installed an alternative fuel source. Now my cougar can run
using normal benzine or using gas. I have second tank in my trunk for gas. Why I did this? because in
Europe benzine costs about 1 EUR, gas - 0,5 EUR :) You can check gas equipment page at http://www.brc.it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.