New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really dont know much about anything with cars sadly. i know some things bout the engine. I really dont want to lower my car a whole lot since i want a kit in the future but i want my car to handle like a track car, even tho its a daily driver. can any one help with suggesting parts? thanks

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
FIRST install a rear strut tower brace. Send a PM to Jaged and have him make you one.

NEXT forget about the front strut tower brace. Money is better spent elsewhere.

All the while, you should be shopping for springs and struts. British American Transfer is the best place to get them - check the Contour catalog.

Any spring is better than stock. Eibach makes a great all-around performance spring, as does H&R, B&G, Intrax, Koni, Roush, and others. Some are easier to find, some are not.

Struts - don't get KYB or Monroe. You may as well buy new stock struts if that's all you're going to do. Again, BAT has a good selection. Koni is probably the best (they are adjustable), but the BAT brand house struts are also good, the Euro-spec ST200 struts are good, Bilstein, if you can find them.

I highly recommend an upgraded rear sway bar. Roush makes a FANTASTIC 21mm bar (the stock bar is 17mm). BAT also has a house-brand 21mm bar, and there are a few Australian-spec 24mm bars out there, although they are VERY scarce.

If money isn't an issue, skip the spring/strut combo and buy a set of fully adjustable Coilovers instead. Ground Control and D2 are the best brands there; stay away from anything that costs less than $100, like Matrix and Bomz. Bad news, those.

If you're REALLY crazy, there are a few cuustom control arm combos out there, front and rear. And you can also have subframe connectors welded in. But those are for hard-core handling folks, and start taking daily-driver comfort away when you install them.

And GOOD TIRES. I cannot stress how important good tires are. Don't cheap out on those; a stock suspension with good tires will easily out-handle a well-modded one with crap tires.

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
alright thanks alot man that helped me out alot. how do i contact jaged?
Click on USER CP near the top left of the page. Scroll down to PRIVATE MESSAGES, along the left hand side. Click SEND NEW MESSAGE. Start typing "Jaged" in the "to" field, and it will automatically find his username. Then type out your message.

This will send a message directly to him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts