New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an email from a friend of mine with this article attached to it.

Read through it, especially the 2nd part and the last part about modified cars. Has anyone had any issues with this yet in Canada?

It's almost enough to scare me into putting my damn car back to stock!

Pass this along so we can push back in numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm paying about $1150/year with full replacement coverage, $500/$500 deductible. But then it helps that I'm over 25 and my record is almost spotless. If you can get a letter from a company stating that they refuse to insure you, you can get into the government pooled insurance, which has fixed premiums and have been a bit lower than through the companies.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I remember that article.

No resaon to be scared though. By the way Ron, does your insurance company know about your mods?? cause if they do....expect an insurance hike. :)

Canadian insurance is like this accross the board, not just auto. We had a tree fall down in the backyard, my dad called the insurance company to ask if they cover it. They said they don't know, and would send an adjuster out. Next thing my dad knew...his insurance was increased. When he called and asked why, they told him he had made a claim. He said he hadn't and when they looked into it, found there was no signature by anyone from our house, took a year to sort out. But he got it fixed. Then dropped the carrier.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they don't know about the mods except they do know that I have my navigation system because I asked them about it since I don't have receipts for it and they told me that if I can't produce receipts they won't cover it. Besides that, they know nothing I've done and my rates aren't out of line considering I'm 29 with one accident 5 years ago that's about to drop off my record and no tickets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts