New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to take off the round Mercury[/i] symbol on the back that's between the "COUGAR" and the "V6"??

·
Registered
444 Posts
Use a blow dryer to heat it up, then use a fishing line or whatever thin and use a left right left right motion to kinna cut the black stuff up...I did it last night and I spend ages cleaning the black circle mark after the symbol has been taken out...

I replaced it with the cougar symbol from the front grill (cost me 16CND)...I guess I'm not used to the look, because the cougar one is smaller than the mercury one, and its also thicker.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my 2001 had three holes behind the merc logo. If ya look in the next couple days, I'll post a how-to for changing out the logos in the FAQ section... until then... go Here ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
i got that off of www.coolcats.net don't know where i tried looking for it again. IT is a cool emblem, would look good on a black or red cougar don't think it would look great on my ash gold cat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ccc3 - can u post a pic of where the 3 holes r? or how far apart they r, and how they're lined up? I bought a Ford logo off of a Probe that I want to put on there, and want to make sure the logo will completely cover up the holes.

Thanks,
Bryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry man... I was incorrect about the three holes... it's actually two... and I really can't post a pic cause I've already covered the holes with the cougar head. But I figure if the ford logo is at least 1 1/4" at its thickest, it will cover the holes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
spacedawgz, i used a ford emblem from a focus(funny story on how i got it). but the holes are coved up completely. i just used som 3m double sided tape to put it on

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay... The ford symbol I have is about 3" horizontal and exactly an inch and a half vertical. That should work right?

And should I do anything like put a plastic plug or something over the holes? I mean, i dont want to go through the trouble of bodywork, but I don't want any rust in there either, u know?

Thanks,
Bryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you go to put the Ford emblem on, just take some putty or silicon and cover the holes from the back side (this involves taking off the carpet cover on the hatch... remove one screw and pop all the little caps out to do it). This will seal the hole very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is it possible (without paint damage) to pour some alcohol or something onto the gum or adhesive that sticks the Merc logo to the car. there are quite a few of us interested in changing to Coug logo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
THe blow-dryer/fishing line method worked fine for me. Then I used some stuff called "GOO-GONE" that I got at wal-mart to get the adhesive off. Took about 20 minutes. Stuff worked great! I reccomend it to anyone looking to do this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts