New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep.. 1/4th mile in 15.116 @ 91.2 mph

Eric N (nord6
got that score today at our IL NECO meet. All he has is a weapon r intake, proflo maf and borla carbon fiber exhaust!!

Reagan beat out the Grand Prix today and took home a trophy!

GO COUGARS! I LOVE COUGAR BUDS!

By the way, I had the slowest time on the track. 17.2 was the fastest I went. I think I should get an award for being the slowest!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
eric was haulin some SERIOUS ass! i was majorly impressed! good job mang.

i'd also like to ask everyone to bow their head and say a prayer for the guy who smashed up his vette. his wife will not be happy...

and i'd also like to give a good 'ga-damn' to the guy in the race'stang. 7.1 in the quarter @ 196mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT was AWESOME!

G

·
Thanks bud!! It was a great day all around!! I can't wait to get back there!! When I ran the 15.299 I didn't think I would go any faster than that.

I feel for the Vette guy too, but who cares -- it's a Chevy.

Eric N.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
a vette died today? *cries* what year/model vette?

a 15.1 with only those mods? SWEET

do you think i could get that or beat that time with just a kkm/borla/msds headers? i'm tempted to go to the track here but don't want to be embarrased by my times

btw i drive a 5 speed not an automatic!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
*cries*

how the heck did he crash it?

mannn that would suck

would insurance cover that since it is at a track? if not SUCKS to be him

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I heard today, insurance will not cover it because it was on a race track. you are putting your car at risk.

The guy is out of $60K. It was totalled no question in my mind. I am going to see if i can get any pics. I know Reagan has some. I am going to email midwest racing for the video.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
nord68 ... AWESOME TIME man ... I know how hard it is! Did you ice the intake between runs? Did you speed shift (foot on clutch, foot on gas at same time)? Again, way to go dude!

G

·
Trevor, I'm still in disbelief about it. Today I kept thinking, what if too. Well, to answer the questions, no I didn't ice down at all, but YES, I always speed shift. The biggest ***** of all was I lost to a Grand AM on my 15.116 race. He only ran a 15.237, but won with the reaction time. He never told me what he was running for mods either.

I can't wait til next time damnit!!

Eric N.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
nord: could you please tell us about any track side mods you did... like remove spare tire, tire pressues, anything like that... cause i am very impressed, without back seats i ran a 15.58 and you only have maf over me... if a maf will give me .5 secs AWESOME...

G

·
OK, I'll tell you what I do to prepare my car to race. I took out the spare tire and the passenger seat. Then I make sure to have only about 2 gallons in the tank. Once I'm there, all I do is drop the front tires to about 18 psi and the rears I blow up to around 60 psi. I also add NOS 7 point offroad octane boost, but only about 1/4 of the bottle cause of how little of gas is in the tank. And that's probably it for getting ready to race. As far as racing itself, remember the little things: make sure all electrical items are turned off and don't get distracted by anything outside the car. I stare at the tree until it's down and I'm hittin' the gas. Another thing, I don't care what I'm racing against. Lot's of people try too hard to beat whoever they're up against -- I just race myself and try different launch and shift points.

Well, that's about it. I hope this might help out some of ya! I can't wait to get back out again now!!

Eric N.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
hmmm... i'm liking your choice of PSI for front and rears... when i went i did 24 up front and 40 in the back... i'll try to go a little more extreme and do the 18/60 combo... also the octane boost may be something i'll try too

G

·
Eric, You are AWESOME! Thank you so much for coming out to represent the Cougars and IL NECO! We are so proud of you! I am so happy at the turnout that we had, I think the Midwest Racing group was impressed by our sportsmanship and enthusiasm for our cars. I hope we can continue to go to the track, I am very interested in learning all I can from you!
15.1! THAT IS JUST TOO COOL!

G

·
Well, the month of June is completely SCREWED for me and I won't be able to make ANYTHING -- except the weekend of June 3rd. I just MIGHT be going to Union Grove to work on some launch times.

And thanks to everybody for the words of encouragement. I'm glad we can all back our cars, no matter whose it is! NECO IS THE BEST!!

Eric N.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Before I decided to sell the Cougar, I was removing the entire rear interior of the car and weighing things to see how much weight I could lose for my return trip to the track. Let me start by saying that when I ran my 15.3, the car was loaded .... I had everything in it plus the empty nitrous bottle and brackets (16 lbs), some miscellanious crap in the back seat (5 lbs), and about 5/8 tank of gas. Anyways, back to the weight of removeable items from the car.

Rear Seat Backs and Bench = 45 lbs
Passenger's Side Seat = about 40-50 lbs
Spare Tire, Jack, Lug Wrench and hold downs = 32 lbs
Rear Floor Mat, Side Wall Coverings, and Hatch Plastic Panel = about 10 lbs if not more
Radio Head Unit = about 5 lbs if not more
CD Changer = another 5 lbs if not more
All Seat Belt Hardware = about 5 lbs

All told, you could easily shed about 150 lbs from the car ... combine that with 1/4 tank of gas, and you are talking some awesome times! Only other way to get better times is a preferct launch, suspension tuning and icing the intake. Again ... AWESOME TIME ... keep up the persuit of a NA 14.xx!

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
Eric,
That's what I was wondering when I saw you're scanned slip. You had a faster time than the Grand Am, but he still won? How? I don't get it. The Grand Am I beat had a faster reaction time than I did too .51 to my .52 and I got 15.7 to his 15.9? Hmm... too bad.

So anyway, I took notes on what you did for the race. Comparably, I had a full f'ing tank, and everything still in my car (spare tire, front seat !
). And I wasn't power/speed shifting. Next time...
Next time... and I've almost convinced myself to order that MAF... hehehe

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.