New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sunshine always owns me
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So can they warp permanently?

Mine were separating from the car during the summer..I guess the heat...and now the tape isn't worth anything. My body shop says they are permanently warped and that I need new ones and it would be a waste to take them off, retape them, and put them back on. At like 60 degrees they are pretty much back to normal but any hotter than that they are a decent amount of space between them and the car. Do I have to get new ones?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
you dont need new ones, you can retape what you have and have some support brakets made to support the weight. me and aaron, ilovemycar did that to his roush skirts to my knowledge they are still tight against the body.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
yah my roush ones were sagging pretty bad during the summer...when it was 100+ day after day!

so me and adam put some fresh tape on them, and they look good as new!

PS. don't let that shop put the skirts back on for you...have a friend help or take it somewhere else. cause either they didn't want the business or they don't know what they are talking about.

·
Registered
127 Posts
mine did the same thing. I took them off and retaped and added some silicone sealant/adhesive. The tpye that won't take the paint off when I remove the kit. Holding fine and been on for 3 years.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Originally posted by: BasSpyder420
you dont need new ones, you can retape what you have and have some support brakets made to support the weight. me and aaron, ilovemycar did that to his roush skirts to my knowledge they are still tight against the body.
I'm having to do the same to my Roush skirts as well. It's the weight of the skirt. The tape is just not made to hold the wieght of the skirt.

I'll be adding brackets to my skirts as well.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
add me to the list of peeps who need brackets lol

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
the brakets were really easy to make, me and aaron made them in like 10 mins using 4 peices of aluminum flat bar. screwed them to the body using 8 self tapping screws.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.