New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry that I didn't mention that. The wheel is a 18x8" wheel. So 8 inches wide. I would try to go with a 35 series tire if I were to put them on. I just don't want my fenders crushed.

If I measure 22mm back from the center of my stock rim, would that give me the center where the 20mm rim would sit? 42-22 = 20mm offset. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I measured it all off and it will definitely not fit. I'm looking at the offset alone pushing the rim out 22mm more from where the wheel is currently located with the 42mm offset. Then the additional 1.5 inches from going to an 8" rim from a 6.5" rim is just too much. Having a 215mm tire and then going to a 225 gives me 5mm push on that outside. + the 22 mm + the additional width of rim which is .75 inches on each side.

So 22mm+5mm+ .75inches (19mm) = 46mm

So the current tire will be pushed outwards 46mm which is wayy too much. The wheel will hit the fender if I hit any hard bumps. Correct me if any of this is wrong.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
bah, just look at your final tire size to determine if it will fit or not... if your going with 225/35/18, your diameter in height is 24.2 inches, while my stock tire 205/55/16 is 24.9" tall. The new width of your wheel will be 9.1" compared to my/your stock width of 7.8". So techically your going only 1.3" wider with the new wheel/tire combo. Which equates to .65" on both sides... plus the extra 22 mm offset. To my calcs you get something that sticks out only 38 mm more, and not 46... so 38mm is equal to 1.5" rounded up. IMO this extra 1.5" will really fill out the gap, and make the wheel equal in width to the fender. you should have no problem clearing the suspension.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.