New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
since you have now posted over here... ;)

I am curious - I don't understand how these work on our motors. I understand the concept...swirl the air, atomize the fuel, mixit all up....all good thngs. However...thsi is installed WAY upstream of the fuel injectors. the air gets its swirlie either before or after the MAF...and then travels that long - and contorted - path to the cylinders, where it finally meets up with the gas injection.

Will the air still be swirling enough to matter?

Have you installed this or another and realized any performance or mileage increase?

Has anyone other than a promoter of this item?

Getting back on topic - in my opinion, if it is the same as the inner diameter of the CAI or the SRI, why wouldnt it fit?

Inquiring minds want to know...

--george

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by: sonza68:
If it were this easy to increase fuel economy and power all cars would come with these from the factory.

Also note that in the Cougar, after the "swirl" is induced (if that even works), the airflow gets split into 2 paths and turns 90°, turns another 90°, gets split into 12 runners while making another 90° turn, then makes a fourth 90° turn before mixing with the fuel and entering the cylinder. There are too many things that happen to the flow after it passes through that thing for it to make a difference.
Let's just change the name of this section to "Do Turbonator's work"?

·
Registered
301 Posts
dude this is what it actually is...just a little piece of aluminum that i could make in 5 minutes with a pair of scissors

maybe the honda has a straighter shot to the actual cylinder but there are way too many bends in a cougar that the tornado would have to go through. not to mention that its gonna be hitting the actual throttle body valve/plate/whatever, in which case you would have to be going WOT everywhere you go to get any kind of difference

now...

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
No more tornado/turbonator posts! They do not work. I've even read reviews on them in the recent Popular Mechanics Magazine. No gains what so ever. The review stated that this has to be the stupidest device ever. It is so cheaply made that it could break apart and get sucked into the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.