New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please post the new how-to on the Eclipse Fuel Door. There is susposed to be a way to do it with six tabs and it sits extremely flush. If someone has this info, I would greatly appreciate it and so would the other people who recently purchased a fuel door. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
thats just rude. why bother posting? :poke:

are you referring to the eclipse fuel door? if so go here

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Axio, I was referring to the new way of doing it. I did use the search tool. That is where I found this. It refers to the new way of making 6 tabs and not drilling the cup. I am still trying to find out exactly how it is done so if someone has this info, please post. Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ya my door sits on their like a piece of s**t. I would love a new how to to make it flush or i am gonna take it off.

G

·
Basically CATerina is the one to talk to about the change, or maybe Ripple. If either one of them could post the how-to you are as good as gold:cool:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Actually, I didn't mean to link the search menu. I meant to link an actual post. My fault for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I did it the old way and spent a lot of time doing it only for the thing not to sit flush. I PM'ed Craig and he said to:

remove the plastic cup completely
trim down the inner lip very slighty 1/8" is enough
cut 6 aluminum strips 2" long x .75" wide
drill a hole in 1 end of each strip.
the gas door bolts to the aluminum tabs and the other end extends behind the lip of the car.
tighten the bolts and install a nut and bolt in the top and bottom holes and you're done.

This is all there is to it. The strips didn't actually come out to all be 2" some of them were smaller depending on the placement.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
wait is this for an eclipse fuel door or the one on customcougars.com? or is it the same exact thing? Cuz I remember reading the one on customcougars only takes 15 minutes to install and $5 worth of hardware or something like that.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
wait is this for an eclipse fuel door or the one on customcougars.com? or is it the same exact thing? Cuz I remember reading the one on customcougars only takes 15 minutes to install and $5 worth of hardware or something like that.
Yeah it's the same one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ripple,
Thanks alot. As soon as I get mine I'm going to give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
btw, bought the aluminum from Home Depot. It came in a 3 foot length for like 4 bucks or something. It's takes a little trial in error to get some of the "clips" the right size.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Basically all you do is take you stock fuel door and cup out. Once that is out of the way... goto a hardware store and buy metal clips that hold in screen doors. Use the clips behind the bolts of the Eclipse fuel door and tighten them using nuts on the back side. You will not use all 6 clips because you will notice some wont fit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
when you say "trim down the inner lip very slighty 1/8" is enough", what is involved in doing this? dremmeling? can you elaborate further please? Thanks :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts