New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain to me how they "launch" an ATX? I've driven my buddy's MTX Cougar and I understand how to launch a MTX. Whenever we race, my ATX is still sitting at the light when his car is quickly pulling away. Can someone help me to save face here? Please??????

*Edited the title so people don't think that I am explaining.............

·
Registered
974 Posts
Maybe go half throttle till around 2500RPM then floor it. If you floor it off the line it just bogs. If you want to burn up your torque converter you can hold down the brake and hold the revs up a bit, then go at it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what i do is keep the RPMs at 2300 or so and press on the brake just enough so that the car wont go slip (if you let up just a tad bit of pressure the car will move, so u have to make sure u can control the brake) then when its go time simultaniously take your left foot of the brake and floor it with your right foot. you should get minimal excess wheelspin. BTW your friend with the MTX coug will always win because MTX is faster than ATX- unless u have a lot of mods.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
attach cable to rear of MTX cougar, then attach to front of ATX cougar, get pulled until ATX decides to go, cut loose cable, voila, good ATX launch :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheel spin in a ATX ? I dont think so. My cars stock AS OF NOW....but having all my stuff installed in just a week or something. But i cant get wheelspin. Only time i got wheel spin is when i did a neutral drop....Which has to be pretty hard on the car....HAHA I LOVE WARRANTY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you want a good start with a ATX. I would turn off traction control, turn off AC, I also turn off my radio, Have no lights running obviously if its dark you will and then turn off overddrive. Then just push in the brake hold it wide open and then let out brake when you want to go and that should take care of you...Thats how i start and i dont care what people say if you have OD off its faster. Any other ideas ?

LAter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if u really want to launch you should go for your basic i/h/e combo. its nice to have the basics b4 u go for fancy stuff (TB,manifold,P&P heads). yodude exhaust, msds headers and a k&n dropin/intake and u will be very impressed at how your car will 'launch'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey! What kind of wing is that on the silver coug??? i've been looking for one FOREVER!! i have the streetweapon kit, so the razzi and all the other's ive seen are to rounded! the commando is sweet, but i didn't know it fit our cars! if you could email me the price, and exact specs on the wing, and where to find it, i would be VERY greatful! [email protected] Thanks a bunch!!!
kirk

·
Registered
59 Posts
MTX > ATX .. except for the stupid traction control in the MTX, forget to turn it off and ur front end starts shakin bad making my cd skip :( im thinking the trac control is trying to stop the wheels from spinning but theres too much power.... how can I make it so trac control is permanently OFF until i press the button? I want that light to be on when its on not off.. ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts