New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a problem with an 01 cougar, could parts still be found to fix it?
(dont have a problem, just need to know).
Because my mechanic said, they dont know for sure, since they stopped making cougars, that if we have a problem, if they will be able to find whatever part they need to fix it.

I hope that makes sense.
Thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
most parts are still available from ford dealers and other autoparts stores. Theres only a small handfull of parts that are hard to come by. I would geuss about 98%-99% of all the stock parts are still available.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
When I have mechanics work on mine I call them all the time for updates, and insist they call as soon as they find any problems. I haven't really hooked up with one mechanic I like a lot, and you can save a lot of money finding parts yourself. Example- my alternator last week: they told me a rebuilt one was 312, with their one year warranty. I walked 300 feet away to advance auto parts and bought one for 168, with an advance 1 year warranty. Savings= 144 dollars, for doing my homework and buying it myself.

·
Registered
851 Posts
you might want to find the part number or cross referance the part with the contour or the early focus cause a lot of the parts are the same. Cause i have found with some of the dealer around here say they don't supplie parts for our car but when i find the part number and go into the store they usaly have it in stock under the focus or contour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts