New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get a link to a site or a bunch of pics from members here for different tail lights and headlights that could be installed in a 2001 Cougar?
Many pics i;ve seen here still seem to have stock tails and head lights... are there even any other ones?:confused:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Get I see some other tail and head lights?

Nope, thankfully. Promotiontuning.com has pics of the Aussie and Euro headlights, but they are really the same with clear corners. You can get GTS black covers, or head and tail covers that are to be painted body color. Many people get tail covers and paint them body color, but not many people bother with headlight covers (they don't look as good as tails, and are easier for cops to spot, the tails, if done right look stock. Excelcier does have good looking headlight covers though.) You can get eurotails, but unless you pretty much have done every possible cosmetic mod, these aren't really that different.

If there were rice lights, I'm sure there would be a bunch of nasty Cougars driving around, as it stands, a large majority of modified Cougars are very tasteful.

Welcome to NECO.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome

The nicest one seems to be the tail light covers (matched to car colour) - Mercury Cougar Tail Light Covers: Pro-Motion Tuning, LLC

I am really surprised there arent more aftermarket things made for this car? Like other cars have altezza type rear lights and all sorts of those... Cougars have so much potential to look nice (custom) and smooth/clean at the same time

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Get I see some other tail and head lights?

Thanks for the welcome

The nicest one seems to be the tail light covers (matched to car colour) - Mercury Cougar Tail Light Covers: Pro-Motion Tuning, LLC

I am really surprised there arent more aftermarket things made for this car? Like other cars have altezza type rear lights and all sorts of those... Cougars have so much potential to look nice (custom) and smooth/clean at the same time
They do look custom and clean at the same time, that's why I (can't speak for all of Neco) am glad there are no altezza's. They tend to mess up the clean look on 99% of the cars they're put on. Unless you buy high quality ones. We have a small aftermarket, but moreso than many others. If you buy the tailcovers from promotion call first to make sure they are in stock, and will ship fast. Cougardb.com is your friend, look, search, and get inspired. Clean is what Cougars are all about.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
the covers

also you can paint the headlights body color. also people with 01-02 headlights have been painting them black, instead of chrome
01-02 black and body color and stock

i will try and find pics of tails other than my own lol

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
here is some pics of the tail light covers

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the tail light covers are nice.
I wonder if they are legal here in Ontario... I dont see why they wouldnt be because the Cobalt has the same things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts