New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions about the headlights on my cougar. First I was wondering how hard it is to pull the amber side reflectors out, I've looked at some of the info on how to paint the lights and it looks like I'd have to pull apart the light frame/ harness thingy. Second, do the light look right if you do pull the reflector, or does it just kinda make them all blend together? Thanks in advance

Sas
2001 ATX
Mods soon to come

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
hey its not hard, but be very careful,, and take your time, thats the best thing to do. and as for your question of if it looks right ,, i have a pic when i took mine out,,, check it .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, they look nice without the corners, I got everything apart then came across a torq with a pin in the middle to get front and back of the clear fixture off, anyone know what I can use to get around that, so I don't have to break anything out?

Thanks again
Sas

2001 with no mods :flushed:

·
Registered
27 Posts
leave the reflector in the bulb will just stick out if you don't and that looks wierd

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of how to seperate the "body" of the lights from the clear lense?

i took a look at it today, and as i was holding the whole headlight unit in my hands, i noticed that it doesnt just come apart easily...and not wanting to break it, i though i should ask you people (who have done it) how its done...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
well to seperate them , first you have to remove the copper screw that is holding the fat side in , . once you get it out carefully,, i mean carefully slide it straight out. i belive there are 3 or 4 little arms that come from the housing . if you can find them , just try and get the goop off them cuz it will make it easier to get it off
, if you need anymore info just give me a pm

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
here is a pic of what it looks like.. Sorry not really centered on it but oh well ;)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Here is the result on a 2001 headlight ( I see you have a 01 coug)

Last weekend small mod results - pics thread from MC- Neco section.

Yes, the bulb stick out, but I don't hate it like this. It's a question of preference. You can even remove the bulb completely but you will have a hole.. Not any better if you ask me. I use a orange 194 bulb and it tends to fade. I guess I'll just change it every 2-3 months. It's really easy anyway.

It was not really hard but time consuming. Be careful to not break the plastic housing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts