New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you think, should we have something similar as last year in terms of the date/weekend. It would end up being the 29th, which is the day before the V6 Challenge which is looking like it'll be on the 30th. This is Memorial Day Weekend. The only thing is, if people want to attend the V6 Challenge, it is a further drive this year since it looks like it'll be near Detroit.

Also, I won't have the time this year to really get involved in the planning of this so if there is anyone out there that would like to help out and kind of take over please talk with me.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Ken,

Having it the same weekend at the V6 Challenge would be pointless. Nobody would show up as the drive times in 2 days would be outrageous. 90% of our Canadian friends wouldn't be able to attend and none of Mass/Conn Neco would show. It might be better to delay the event by a couple weeks or so...plus the weather should be better too. I know the dates and such are like tradition, but with that damn V6 thang, it's damn near impossible.

Also, I'd be more then happy to help out getting things together.

Jason - wanna help me out with this as well?

·
3L Roush
4,387 Posts
I'm with Carl. Lets change the weekend so it doesn't conflict with the V6 Challenge. I'll be attending the V6 Challenge, and I can't see myself driving to Niagara Falls one day, Detroit the next, and then back home. Thats 12+ hours of driving in 2 days. I don't think many people would be up for that. :(

Also, i'd be more than willing to help organize the event. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
ok....here are my thoughts.

The main people that show up for the can-am cruise are typically the same, allthough it is getting a bit bigger since the first. My opinion is this. Make a weekend out of it. Jaime has NOT 100% guarenteed it will be that weekend as of yet. But I thought it would be cool if maybe we made a weekend out of it. For some in the Buffalo area it's not that bad, 3 hrs to my place, crash Friday at my place, then 2.5 hours to the V6 challenge. Kinda like a Am-Can-Am. Not to mention the V6 challenge is trying to cater more to the US, especially since 80% of the cars at last years V6 Challenge yeilded US plates. they had 15 cars staying at a hotel in london, it was funny.

Anyway, if no-one wants to attend that trip event, I say yaeh, split it.....but then again, what's the turnout going to be like if you don't hold it on memorial day?

People who have allways made it....

Ken (obviously)
Mike
Myself
Jason
Ron

and since last year we only had 8 cougars...... that's 63% of the people who showed. Not to mention that CEG wasn't really made aware of the V6 challenge, and they have things you can win....we can make a mini cougarfest out of it...track, mods...whatever. Jaime is also contacting many vendors about getting parts that suit our interests. Last year MSDS donated headers (but weren't aware cougars were going to be there so only donated Mustang parts) KKM gave up intakes, and there was alot of donated $$. Not to mention cool trophies :):)

I will be attending either way, so as soon as it's known, let me know so I can get it off work.

Oh, and I'd help plan, but 1) I'm not a good person to follow. 2) Don't know the area that well. :) Ken....you know that, you had to chase me last year lol.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, it's not going to be the same weekend as the V6 race. Dan's idea is pretty cool, but I don't want to have Can-Am be an event that you have to spend all weekend driving across Canada. The point is to have it so that local people can come out for just a day, besides, how boring is it driving highway miles. I also don't like the fact that it is soo late in May.

Tentative weekend: May 15-16

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
works for me Ken.

Dan, is that an open invite for us Yanks if we wanna attend the V6 challenge?

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Iceotron.....anyone I can trust and lets me know in advance is more than welcome to crash at my place to shorten the drive. So if you are asking....you are more than welcome.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sweet, I'll be talking it over with Cheryl and I'll take it from there.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Ok, well I'm pretty much game for whatever, whenever. As Dan pointed out, I'm a faithful CanAm lifer so just let me know when and where with one exception.... the tentative date looks good but DO NOT put it on the weekend of the 22nd because that is Josh's ( MCon99's ) wedding and neither of us can show up if it's that weekend because both Jenny and I (LadyX) are standing in his wedding.

Me

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Hey guys... i get off on May 15th in the morning, but maybe i could take a V-day and leave on Friday... that is if you don't mind having an ignernt jagoff around for a couple days. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so it sounds like Saturday, May 15th will be the date unless I hear any strong objections within the next 12 hours.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Don, shall I prepare your royal bed? lol

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Just an update....

Since Dyno tuning is the Sat, we can still do Can-am on that weekend Ken. (possibly.

Thought I'd revise this thread since we have confirmed dates on the V6 challenge

1 - 19 of 19 Posts