New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw these on ebay and I wondered not only if they are legit but will they fit my 99' cougar v6 or are they for a mondeo
Automotive lighting Font Screenshot Technology Auto part

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
According to the title they are for a ford contour.
The 2.5 in the contour was the same as the cougar.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just really don't know if they are legit because I tried looking up the part number and nothing comes up

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I feel like I've heard that brand name used for our cars before, but I'm not positive.
I wouldn't do it just for tuning concerns. Its hard enough to get our cars tuned as it is, using custom cams will just make it harder.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,778 Posts
Cat cams are a thing, and a few folks have used them; I think BBOX had a set in his 3.0. Whether or not these are the same thing is unknown.

·
Super Moderator
22,302 Posts
i have the set that bbox had. they have never been installed in a car. i really want to use them. the biggest thing that is slowing me down is that they have adjustable timing on the ends. they dont look like they were ever adjusted from the factory which is good. but i need to talk with them to get the lift and duration and compare it to the svt cams. they might end up in a hybrid motor for goldie in the future

1 - 8 of 8 Posts