New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I love CougarFest!
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. I know we mentioned camping. I think the idea is AWESOME!

BUT, I would like suggestions on where in ILLINOIS to camp.

Rules: Must have flushed toliets and running showers and electrical outlets at the campsite.
We want to be left alone, not harassed by Camping police.

SUGGESTIONS?? IDEAS? Dates that work best for you?

G

·
I know of a place in central Illinois near Bloomington/Normal called Morraine Veiw State Park, it's kinda in the middle of nowhere but it's nice. I don't remember if they have flushing toilets but I think so b/c they have showers! I know Jackin (sp?) would like this, it's close to him. I also think our friends in Peoria would be game b/c it's only about 45 min from them. It' s all about how the other people feel, I would go anywhere that isn't too far away as long as someone protects me from the yucky spiders! Camping is fun, I haven't been since I lived near this park that I am suggesting , it was a blast!

G

·
Starved Rock would be another place worth looking into. Not sure about the amenities, but it was pretty up there last summer. . . Karla, it's spelled Jachin, BTW

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
I'd like to go! I agree, Starved Rock is always fun. I hear there is a good place just southwest of there too that is really good.

I believe I have a tent I can bring too. Technically has two "rooms" (and a patio) in it so if anyone doesn't have a tent, they could probably take half in mine. It fits two with extra room in each half and closes off with a zipper in the middle.

G

·
Ohh, luxury! I've never been to Starved Rock but I hear it's nice! Reagan, does your tent have a jacuzzi too?

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
hahaha, no, no jacuzzi
Its not mine anyway, its my parents'. They got it to be big enough for our entire family in case we ever go camping... which hasn't happened yet! The internet connection I might be able to do... if I ever find a product that will connect my cellphone to my palm pilot.

·
Um...
3,283 Posts
oh yeah, got that, but ever tried to reply to an email when you have to press a button 3 times to get the correct letter?

I know they have cables that can port your phone's net access to a laptop or palm pilot for easier use. So while I can get the net on my phone, I'd much rather get the net on my color palm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.