New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Mass Pike coming back from Fun Ford Weekend in New Hampshire to Massachusettes there was a car filling my rearview with headlights and riding my ass. I don't like that. The road was three lanes wide we were in the fast lane and when traffic opened we got on it. We were doing about 85mph at the time and he tryed to pass me and I down shifted into 4th. Were doing 100.....105.......110......115 then I'm doing 120, shift into 5th........125, his headlights aren't so big anymore. Anyways when he did go by me when I was finished with him I realized it was just a base model 6 cyl with rims on it. Damn it!!!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
from a stop, the 98 & newer v6 camaro w/ the 5 or 6 speed will smoke a coug... my cousin has one bone stock and raced one at englishtown (NJ) and raped a stock manual coug... i thought the coug would hold up better but didnt... now my cousin has a true dual exhaust, headers, K&N ram air and a bunch of other little stuff... so im sure its quicker now :shrug: I have no idea about from a roll tho... either way, nice kill...:thumbsup:

***I miss my 2000 camaro :cry:***

Dan

·
Registered
218 Posts
Originally posted by: 8BaLL
Stock for stock automatic, i could take a cougar in my 95' 3.4L Camaro :rofl:
I'll back that up. My stock v6 3.4 firebird could take a cougar too. Not sure about from a roll though.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I doubt it.
it has 10 less HP and weighs close to 300lbs more

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Originally posted by: gyger
I doubt it.
believe it... the 94 camaro uses the 4L60-E... MUCH more effecient than the ATX in the coug... only losing approx 20% of the stock hp, vice the coug's what is it... 32% loss on the auto?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
believe it... the 94 camaro uses the 4L60-E... MUCH more effecient than the ATX in the coug... only losing approx 20% of the stock hp, vice the coug's what is it... 32% loss on the auto?
prove it...I wanna see a stock 95 V6 ATX Camaro VS a 99-02 ATX V6 Cougar

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Originally posted by: ice992
Originally posted by: gyger
I doubt it.

Think again, 4L60-E tranny gets alot better than 20% ;) My 99 Trans Am, shop estimated about 15% drivetrain loss and was before I did any mods :)

I too will vouch for the 94 V6 F-Bod taking a cougar. . .off the line at the track. From a roll, it's a drivers race for the 3.4L

·
Registered
218 Posts
I sold my 95 auto firebird to my friend. It is a v6, 3.4. I have a 99 v6 manual cougar. I am sure my old firebird would take the cougar off the line. I don't think it would keep that lead though. The cougar would probably come out on top at around 3rd gear. But my bird had excellent takeoff!

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
oooo so i guessed wrong, shoot me, bottom line, the atx coug is junk, (i know i have one) and the atx camaro even the 95 will smoke it, stock for stock

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
well figuring the camaro has more displacement, advantage of RWD, its not even in the same class as a cougar,and some other factors, I would hope so.

G

·
Lbizboy is right though, that car really isnt in the same class.

Its almost like Billetcoug running his mouth saying he beat every Cougar at fest. Big freaking whoop, he also has a 30k dollar 14 second car. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
class of cars was never discussed, the only reason any of this was ever brought up was gyger's lack of beleive that a v6 camaro can beat a v6 coug. their is no need for being a [email protected] either...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.