New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Calipers painted white yesturday and they turned out great! I drove to work today and they were looking good,but tonight i went out driving around fast with my friend and braking hard.When I got home I looked at the calipers and the inner part mostly the back of the pad turned into a peachy pink color. When I painted them I cleaned them real good and used primer than 2 coats of DupliColor Hi Temp paint. I did not use clear coat because my dad said he wasnt sure if the clear coat would stand the heat. Could not putting clear have caused the change in color or what could it be? Any suggestiosn please

·
Registered
597 Posts
Was it the 500 degree engine paint.............or the 1200 degree exhaust paint? The Duplicolor "high temp" ceramic paint is really good stuff. I used it on my turbo manifold. The key to setting the paint is you have to cure the paint at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Once you do that, it'll harden and resist scratches, oils, fluids,......etc.

You should have seen the look on my wife's face when she saw me putting that thing in the oven......:cover: At least cookie sheets are good for other things than baking cookies........:biggrin:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts