New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im driving about 100 when i tap my brakes and notice a giant vibration. i quickly jump off the highway and park up. i noticed my caliper was sliding off my rotor. The bottom screw was still in but the top one was no where to be found. sad to say i need a tow because the brakes would just lock up with them not being even. Is there a website to replace the screws.
Also i ordered larger rotors and my calipers wont fit them so im gonna order a caliper seating which will let my small calpiers fit on the new rotors. anybody ever heard of the caliper seats. im gonna get them from BAT

·
is a pop sensation
13,676 Posts
Just go to a Ford or Lincoln/Mercury dealer to set the bolt. It shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks.

When you say you ordered larger rotors, do you mean the 278mm Sport package rotors instead of the 260mm base rotors? If that is the case, then you'll need to get the caliper mounting brackets for the larger rotors (the calipers are the same).

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know a good place to order the brackets?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i have an extra bolt if you want it. i dont know if i have it here at college with me, but ill check and see if i do, and if so, i can send it to you for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.