New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these, or a cover from another manufacturer? Opinions?

I was thinking about getting their "Stormchaser" or whatever it is--my car sits outside year round, and I'd like to protect it (I don't have a garage). It's something like $200 for the Cougar, which doesn't seem to bad to me.

Thanks.
RJ

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot one question I wanted to ask! Does the cover sit on the antenna, bending it down all the time? Or do they recommend you remove it?

Thanks.
RJ

·
Registered
536 Posts
You should remove the antenna before covering.

I have never owned one of the more expensive car covers, mine have usually been in the $50 range so the higher quality ones may not have the problem I encountered. But just FYI, I found that somehow, event though I used an outdoor cover, moisture always seemed to collect or condensate under it on the car.

Oh and this may seem obvious, but don't cover the exhaust pipe when you cover the car. I learned the hard way after it caused vapor lock and took me a half hour to start my car.

But for $200, as long as it designed for outdoor use, I would imagine its a very good cover. Just be sure to check their return policy in case you do encounter any problems.

edit: spelling

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've received many of their catalogs and their products look really high quality. I haven't personally used/bought one from them or anywhere else, however I'd definetly pick-up one of theirs when I buy a new ride.

·
8,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would covering the exhaust pipe cause a vapor lock condition? I can maybe see if you somehow sealed it off, but I wouldn't think that would normally happen, and they are supposed to breathe a little bit...(Maybe that's an advantage of a more expensive cover.)

Thanks.
RJ

·
Registered
315 Posts
I ordered a car cover from some company out in Cali.. autoanything I think... paid like $210 shipped and they custom made it to the dimensions of the car due to my modifications.. they used noah material and it works very well.. Only thing is that they didnt put mirror pockets in it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i just got my Noah California Cover and it works AWESOME. i had an extra 6" skirt put on it which helps ALOT. also has the pockets for mirrors. it hardly lets any moisture in. as much as i love it, mayb its just me but it looks like it put very faint scratches in my paint. im not quite sure of it though. i highly recommened u getting one.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Yeah, with just about every car cover, your car should be TOTALLY clean.. no dirt or dust or anything. As wind blows up against the car cover, it will be rubbing against your paint, and any dirt or anything will become an abrasive and add scratches to your car.

That's why I don't see car covers as an alternative to protect your car during winter if you still drive it all the time. It's unrealistic to wash your car everytime before you throw on the car cover.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yes I have had one of these for 2 yrs now. My car is under it more then its on the road or even out from under it. About 8 months of the year its under there..... I got one of the thicker ones made mainly for inside since I keep it in a heated garage etc. But it was about 180bux, was specially made for my body kit and all! Has deep mirror pockets, comes with a thing so if you want to cut a hole for your antenna base you can, and iron this on and it wont let the fabric stretch or rip or anything, kinda like a washer or something... I never cut the hole and it still fits fine.

As stated the key is to keep your car 100 percent clean, I wont put it on even if its just been sitting in my garage for a month uncovered unless I have hand washed the whole car.

I strongly recommend them and receive their catalogs quarterly or whatever they do..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts