New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that James has come out with a CAI extension too, does anybody know if these will work with our engines? They "look" as though they would work considering the V6 and I4 intakes end up at about the same place. Has anybody tried one of these on their I4???

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I custom make CAI kits for the I4.

All i need is a measurement of the Opening on your MAF to the fender.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
if you were to go with buying a cai buy it from GMK or DgnZ....james nearly copied their idea....they got in there and fitted it and made it happen....once they get confirmation on fitting with the zetec (hurry up already guys) :) it'll be posted in here (Zetec section)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I measured 6.75 inches from the MAF to the center of the fender

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Originally posted by: carsnrockmusic
if you were to go with buying a cai buy it from GMK or DgnZ....james nearly copied their idea....they got in there and fitted it and made it happen....once they get confirmation on fitting with the zetec (hurry up already guys) :) it'll be posted in here (Zetec section)
Pathetic, James copied GMK and DgnZ's idea? First off GMK had it first but so what? Its very simple bends and just an intake...you can't claim an intake pipe path as your own and no one else can use it. Thats just bull****. James can offer it cheaper and does, its better for the community, deal with it.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Originally posted by: CougarBalla2k5
Originally posted by: carsnrockmusic
Pathetic, James copied GMK and DgnZ's idea? First off GMK had it first but so what? Its very simple bends and just an intake...you can't claim an intake pipe path as your own and no one else can use it. Thats just bull****. James can offer it cheaper and does, its better for the community, deal with it.

Dont start **** in here, or you'll be gone faster then your ass can catch up with you. Im tired of reading your drivel about this topic everywhere on these boards.

Just cause youre dry humping the skin off James leg, doesnt mean these peple have to. James makes a great product and business decisions and I for one an glad to see its turning into a buyers market for CAI's, which is an awesome thing for car owners. Is it the same, who knows....parts suppliers can be the same, different couplers, etc...bottom line...no legal agreement, no problems. End of story and hopefully your ranting on this website about this discussion.

If you have a further need to discuss this...direct all comments to me.

We dont need this crap.

·
Registered
58 Posts
is there any cai that i mite be able to buy for say a civic or such that would fit my i4 cause if u look at the cais on ebay they are like 40 bucks anyone know if they would fit?
rob

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
cougarballa you best take your place and listen up....i moderate this section...i tell the facts so my fellow zeter'rs can buy a product that is sure to fit...from past things i know for a fact that james has advertised things he obviously didn't FIT on the zetec...GMK and drgnz DID get in there and fitted it themselves...now i'm friends with each of these guys and i've been discussing this subject with them for quite some time...if james gets out there and does the ACTUAL FITTING to a zetec then friggen great...but until there is actually confirmation of fitting the cai to the zetec this discussion will be kept to a minimum.....PERIOD....and that's how it is....now like teflonworm said...you gotta problem you pm him or if you would like, me....any further comments like this will be deleted and will follow up with a warning...

edit: zetecninja, mattew, keep us updated please so we can keep the zetec community well informed of this :)

i apoligize for the interuption in the topic but please, proceed in discussing this

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm working on the piping for my turbo set and I've got a bunch of SS tubing laying around. I'll prototype a full CAI - not an extension (so you'd have to lose your current setup) - and let you guys know how it works if anyone is interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.