New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got some tubing and piping this weekend to run a Makeshift CAI, and i got everything to work, until i got to running the pipe through the stock air intake hole. The problem is that the piping wont fit between the plastic Wheel well and the inner part of the fender where it is screwed into the rest of the body. There is a peice of metal jetting out towards the wheel well there that nothing is connected to, i was wondering if it was okay to just chop that off as close to the connecting screw as possible. I wouldnt be weakening the fender by doing that would I? I knew someone else here tried that once but never got around to saying how he did it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
do a search, someone came into this problem in the past and it they bent it out of the way. some peoples did not have anything connected to it to begin with. from what i understand its one of the many fender mounts and if its not connected to begin with i don't see it making it any weaker.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What type of piping, did you use all metal; because I got a small, maybe four inch piece of accordion piping to fit through the actual air intake hole, then metal down to the filter.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice, i will try that, maybe il use an old ebay sri to start with the piping above the intake hole, then fabricate the rest. Il get some pics up, and if its good enough, maybe a parts list and simple how to.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never thought of that, did you weld the pipes together or just use rubber connectors? Also if u still know, what kind of honda you got the intake off of. That would be helpful, thanx man

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not quite sure, i dont have the measurements i took down right on hand. I can get them as early as tommorow morning if someone else doesnt already have them

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
No welding, just rubber connectors. Don't recall what Honda model it was since its been a long time. If I remember, I'll let you know. Check the piping diameter before buying anything. You want to keep it around 3 inches.

Greg

1 - 20 of 51 Posts