New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i realize this will sound like such a simple question. I have some of the basic mods, body kit, cold air & box, exhaust, yadda yadda. That's all well and good except I have one problem with my car that drives me friggin' nuts and it has nothing to do with a mod. The plastic casing around my automatic gear shifter rattles and squeeks all the time. Make it stop, I mean help me make it stop. I don't have any experience with car interiors, only exteriors and some mechanical stuff; I don't want to crack the plastic or break a plastic clip or anything like that. Please offer some advice.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The plastic piece comes out pretty easily. It is held in by 2 plastic tabs on the left and right sides. (2 each side) I just grab the plate by where the gear labels are and pull it towards the drivers seat, and the two on the right come out. Then lift up and the plate will come off. You could probably put some liquid gasket (available at the auto store for a few $) around the part that touches the center console. That should stop if from moving. I can't see how plastic makes a squeek though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts