New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody on this site once posted a How-To for replacing the Cabin Air Filter, complete with instructions and pictures.

Where did it go?

I need it now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just replaced mine. I special ordered from the local chain auto parts store. Fram brand. $20. The instructions mentioned by Ladz in the previous post helped alot.
At 22,000 miles, this was my first change and the filter was 'pouring off dust' dirty. I've yet to go for a drive since I changed it, but I'd imagine the blow presssue of the ac will be increased.
I wonder how much I saved by doing it myself?
Good luck on the job!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The maintenance manual says that the first Cabin Air Filter change should be done at 15,000 miles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't find the information you provided in that link.

perhaps you indicated the incorrect link?

·
Registered
404 Posts
click the link....click the little "skip intro" thing, unless you want to watch it......
on the left side of the screen look for "mods" clicky
look for "view mods" clicky wicky
i think its the first one on the list.

lAdZ

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just changed mine today....I was picking leaves and pine needles out of the old one. I'm assuming that just about anything on the car is factory equipment, since it looks like the fuel filter and a few other 'changeables' were still factory. 60,000 miles you'd think something would have gotten some servicing..guess not. Damn rental car places. That's where mine came from according to carfax.com.

·
Administrator
24,544 Posts
That whole left-hand menu thingie on newcougar.org will not load on my Mac. Not in IE or Netscape. I just get a black void all the way down the left side, and the right side frame loads as normal. I downloaded an off-brand browser from a German developer called iCab and it does display the menu, so I was finally able to get all that content I'd been missing all along.

Somebody ought to do something about that- probably alienating a lot of Mac users...:mad:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mac users alienate themselves by buying it in the first place. It's like all of us with our Cougars, wondering why we can't get an aftermarket parts selection like all the Hondas have...

Buy a PC to surf/game on, use your Mac for publishing/video stuff (iMovie r0x!)

Buy a Civic to rice/tweak out, use your Cougar to cruise in style.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Amen, Brother!

BTW, I was able to change my cabin air filter all by myself and I am proud of it!
(Total cost about $23. Used a 3M Filtrete Filter)

At 15,000 miles it was real dirty. So I am glad I did it.

The hardest part was removing and putting back the black cover that goes above the filter AND making sure that the new filter with its cover clipped back into place correctly so as to ensure that air would be flowing thru the filter and not around it into the compartment.

Thanks again NECO. Keep posting more How-To's.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Figures, I check this out right before I go to do my cabin filter and newcougar.org was down at that time. Took me about 40-45 minutes instead of like 10, hehe. I unscrewed both sides rather than just the passenger side. Was damn near taking the windshield wipers off since I was taking the plastic off both sides *dolt*. For those looking at this when newcougar.org is down.

Turn your car off with windshield wipers stuck up.
Unscrew all the screws on the passenger side and lift plastic piece off (lift foam off of plastic first).
Two latches hold the old, dirty filter in place, unlock.
Everything is pretty much basic and you put everything back in the opposite way.

Hopefully I save some people like 30 precious minutes. :)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Don't forget the intake air filter too. I just replaced mine at 15K miles and it was pretty dirty. 12 bucks.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Instigator, I bought mine at the local auto parts store. I think it was Wicks brand, about $25 or so. I replaced mine not long after I got my car, and what a nice difference! It is very easy to do, it took me all of about 15 min to do.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts