New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
or this one here on fastcougar.

he is selling them to the ohio neco members right now, just because he loves us so much. and so he can see if others will want thm and all. he is going to try to get them in red, yellow, and blue also. and i think this would make that invader carbon fiber hood here, look pretty good. it would help it fit with our car more i think.

we are still waiting on a price for the CF grille though.

nice work justin!

here are more pics:

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: CrAzYbEeRgUy
im not diggin that last pic
If i was reading his posts on the ohio neco boards right i think those pics were taken before it was finished. I think it still needed to be cleared. Then again i'm not sure if the appearence will change much after getting cleared. You also have to take into account that those pics may not do them justice. They may look much better in person.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: CrAzYbEeRgUy
im not diggin that last pic
thats just because of the flash and the fact that its real carbon fiber. plus, its from like a top view, and you wont really ever see it from that view.

edit: looking at it again, i think thats a shot of the INSIDE of it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hello everyone I didn't want to post this for all of neco yet because I am still waiting on getting everything finalized but since everyone now knows here is the deal: regular c/f is going to be about 150 plus shipping and any of the colors are going to be running about $20-30 more.

The last pic was just to show that they are c/f all the way through and not just c/f over layed on fiberglass.

As for shipping to the uk I didn't plan on this initially but depending on how well it goes it might be a possibility.

Later
Justin

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
justin cheers i definatly want one let me know when and how much if its not toom uch bother and ill sort it out with you via pm

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
why wouldnt they be for the 99's i have a regular no limit grill and it fit on my 99

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm working on a Solid fiberglass grill right now...Should be done by this weekend...It fills in the corner space where the headlights meet the stock grill...It comes out flush with the hood and bends with the curve in the bumper...When I am done with the first one I am going to make a plaster mold and start making fiberglass and carbon fiber copies...If anyone is interested I will have pics this weekend.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by: Salmonchow
I'm working on a Solid fiberglass grill right now...Should be done by this weekend...It fills in the corner space where the headlights meet the stock grill...It comes out flush with the hood and bends with the curve in the bumper...When I am done with the first one I am going to make a plaster mold and start making fiberglass and carbon fiber copies...If anyone is interested I will have pics this weekend.
wont this block a portion of the radiator and cause heat problems?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a Drift front, so no there won't be any over heating issues...I did think about that when I was making it and new that some people don't have large openings in their front kits...So...There will be a separate design that can include 6 slots for air...I don't think it would be a problem anyway...If you look at the Saturn and several other new car designs....They don't have grills...Radiator fans are made better and keep then engine cool.

·
Registered
82 Posts
so are we going to have to supply u with teh No Limit Grilles and then u just cover them for us? or is the estimated price cover the Grille and the CF coverings? :confused:

PaulF

·
Registered
181 Posts
Like I said...I am building a mold to make these from...I'm not asking anyone to send me anything...Mine isn't even built on to a stock grill...I'm building the entire piece from scratch...The base is a balsa wood design and I am fiberglassing over that...After it's done I will make a plaster mold to make the grills from...Soon as the 99 - 00 is done I will make one for the 01 - 02...Both will have the option of air vents...These grills are not a snap on or cover for stock grills...These are solid one piece fiberglass (and eventually carbon fiber) replacement grills.

Now I will say that I am building mine to fit with a Drift front but I will check with other Cougar fronts to see how it fits...Such as stock, extreme, battle, D-Z, etc...Should be fine b/c the basic top of the bumpers are the same.

Here's a few pics of the process...Fiberglass is such a mess but it works great...I will go take a few pics of what it looks like on the car.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts