New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanna know my options from other buyers feed back, i searched cat back, high flow cat, new cat, having found the answers i was looking for.
I was thinking about the one from custom cougars, but should i get aluminized or stainless, is there a performance difference.
Is the a better y-pipe/high flow cat option then custom cougars for the $$$. thanx everyone
also do i have a 2 or 3 bolt for a 99

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
performance wise there is no difference between aluminized and stainless but there is a difference in how long they'll last. i ordered mine from joe at spmotorsports.com because I've dealt with him a few times and I like his customer service. idk how it is w/custom cougars but the one i got has a magnaflow cat. i also gutted my precats while i was at. i love how well it pulls and sounds now. i'm sure there can't be that much difference other than your bolt pattern and O2 sensore placement, if i'm wrong someone will correct with the right information i'm sure.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
the 99 has the 2 bolt flange. I have the High flow 2.5" Magnaflow Cat, and the Magnaflow muffler. Wouldn't trade it for anything! :thumbsup:

Well, maybe the Borla!;)

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
If you leave in a snowy region where they salt the roads get the SS.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyerthe 99 has the 2 bolt flange. I
BUZZ! :slap:

Only '99 MTXs have the 2 bolt. All ATXs have the 3 bolt. Mr. InFRoRedCouGaR didn't specify his transaxle type.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Originally posted by: DanG
Originally posted by: MaverickFlyerthe 99 has the 2 bolt flange. I
BUZZ! :slap:

Only '99 MTXs have the 2 bolt. All ATXs have the 3 bolt. Mr. InFRoRedCouGaR didn't specify his transaxle type.
Opps, My mistake! I believe Mr. InFRoRedCouGaR does have a ATX!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.