New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to purchase a new cougar(99-03) and have a turbo I want to strap on it as soon as I get it. I know there are a few different cougars out there as far as engine's and fuel delivery. How do the HO engines differ from the 2.5 v-6 engine? How much hp are all 3 different engines putting out(v-6HO, v-6, 4 banger)? Which engines have the returnless fuel systems and which don't? What impedance are the injectors running? Any aftermarket parts for the engine? I really need as much info as possible b/c I will be purchasing my cougar with in the next week. Any other helpful info/tips would be appreciated!! thanks for the help- James

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
you may be confusing the contour svt engine into that group.

anyways, welcome to neco:wave: and good luck with her if you buy it

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by: EricF
Well there is no H.O. Engine that came factory in the cougar. there was the 2.5V6 170hp, and a 2.0 I4 125hp(i think)
yes, it is 125 horse for 2.0, 170 for 2.5

G

·
Well I suppose on ebay after the auction is over you set up the APR, Financing, etc. Then you send him/her a down payment of around 1000 usually. At this time you have up to 12 days to get your car either by paying the 300 (around) fee for shipping or by picking it up. From then on it acts as if you were buying from your next door neighbor with payments and all. Just pay the loan.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Originally posted by: Redlinetemp
on the subject of buying a coog, can someone explain in a nutshell how ebay works after you win the bid?
Look on E-Bay and you'll find the information you need.. warning .. I would be very careful of buying a car that I didn't have a respected mechanic thoroughly exam, FIRST.. Good luck.. :ugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.