New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its been busted for over a year now. I finally got around to pulling it out and attempting to fix it and now it is TRUELY broken. So where can I get a new one??

thanks

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well, first check ebay, and if nothing is going on there, then go to fordpartsonline.com...it's about $50 for a switch, but it's still much cheaper than Ford directly. Just make sure you buy the right switch for the right location, they're all different.

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
Watch the classifieds for someone parting out a wrecked Cougar. You've waited this long, what's it gonna hurt?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Good luck with junkyard, mine wanted 75 a switch, I ended up getting them from Ford for 43 and 45 apiece. They are on ebay every now and then if you are patient.

·
That link is NSFW
14,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOLY CRAP!!!! I was thinking 25 at the absolute most. At least I can say the switch was broken before I ripped it out. I appreciate the ebay link.

Anyways, I'll be blunt, I'm a smoker, my ability to open the windows is about as crucial as turn signals to my car. So this isnt something I can play the waiting game on or pay and arm and a leg for. Is there anyone that can hook me up??? [edit......] I almost jump the gun on that one. I've been silently working on a number of parts the past few months [I'll be making a full anouncement sometime next month and will have several test samples done by then]. I would gladly trade someone a test sample (for the cost of shipping) in a month for a switch today. Ya, I know what your saying, it sounds sketchy but I got plenty of references and past projects to give you an idea of how I spend my free time. My last project was a 17ft long solar powered hydrofoild (flying boat) that including myself weighted 300#'s, its the 2nd fastest solar boat in the world. Exxon trusted me and my 2 group members enough to give us a 15K grant to build a new one.

3:30am.... I know I am going to regret posting this in the morning, I've only disscussed this with a few close community friends and was holding off till more of the work was completed, but I already typed it so I guess I'll post it as a teaser. There are some new cougar parts on the way, just you wait.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts