New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of upgrading to silverstars and I have a few questions. 1) Anybody had issues with these bulbs e.g. white smoke:) and do people like them. 2) I have heard of a mod that has both set of lamps on when you switch to high beams. Anybody done this...was it difficult. 3) I have also heard of people putting 9005's in the low and fog lamps. Can you put 9004's in the fogs as well. Switching to 9005's for everything + the dual headlamp mod mentioned above seems like it would be ridiculously bright. 4) I am also curious about doing the the dual headlamp mod and having both the high's and lows be 9005's. I would think that would generate alot of heat in the sealed headlight assembly.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answered one of my own questions:banghead: I guess in the cougar they both stay on for highbeams w/o modification.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I was going to say dude both the high and the low beams are on with the highbeams...then I thought that maybe you wanted the fogs on with the high beams...that I know in PA is not exactly legal...I used to have after market fogs wired into my parking lights on an old car. The inspection station almost didn't pass me cause they didn't turn off when the high beams came on...said that they don't want that much light on at one time..."blinds other drivers". Well what about the new HIDs that are in like the lexus and BMW that are brighter that anything and make you see spots after you pass em??? The only thing to watch on the fog lamps is the slot that is on the houseing of the bulp...if I remember right it has 1 notch...they should take any bulb that has just the 1 notch...if the bulb you want to put in has a different notch and you really want to use them you can always shave it off.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I have the 9005 Silverstars on headlights and fogs....but I have the 02 headlights and fogs. I had to shave a little on one of the tabs to get the 9005 in the fogs. Very easy upgrade.

If you want to have the fogs on with the brights...take the cover off from around the steering wheel. Its the first wire on the turn signal/dimmer switch facing you on the bottom. I guess you could pull it out and cap it off...but I dont recommend it. The reason I know this is because my Cougar didnt have fogs and I had to install the whole kit...wires and all. It had a wire that went from the headlight switch harness up to the dimmer switch to have the fogs switch off when you flip your headlights to bright.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Have any of you used xenon foglight bulbs H3?
if so which ones do you recommend

I tried EuroDezigns for $15 from eBay and they blew in a couple of weeks but was replaced under warranty but blew again

and also what do think will look good on a cougar:

yellow fogs (rally cars)
vs
blue fogs (luxury cars - lexus, audi)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts