New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my drivers side window will not open anymore. i can open the pass. side from the driver controls, but not the drivers. what could be the problem? and how do i go about fixing it? has anyone had this happen before?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Could be either the motor or the switch/fuse. I would think if you dont hear anything coming from that general area plus it didnt go down could be the switch. On my cadillac my window went down but up crooked and it was a little plastic guide in the window but that doesnt sound like your problem.

·
8,582 Posts
It's likely either the switch or the one touch down relay. You can bypass the relay to test it.

·
8,582 Posts
how do i go about doing that?
Unplug the relay in the driver's door and jumper the yellow wire to the yellow/green wire. Then test the switch. If the window works the problem is the relay. See here for wiring diagrams and related info (it's a how-to I wrote for adding a passenger side relay).

·
8,582 Posts
Just a short piece of wire connecting the two terminals, for testing only. If it works and you decide you don't want to replace the relay, then you'll want to come up with something more permanent, but this will okay for testing purposes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.