New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a broken wheel stud! Can I press out the bad stud and replace it with the new one without pulling the whole hub off? Has any one done this and have any tips for me?

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Take off the wheel, caliper and rotor. Hit the stud out. Put new stud in with 3 washers on the outer side and use a lug nut and press it in. Then install brake rotor and caliper. Make sure to pump the brakes b4 drivin

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesnt look like there is enought room to get the new stud in from behind. Is there enough?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. thanks that helps out alot ill do it tomorrow as soon as I find someone who carrys the stud in stock since autozone doesnt.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
yes there is enough room, please note that some of the "discount" autoparts store
studs may have a wider bottom than the ford part, and may have trouble fitting (first hand experience)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I know 100% what Advanced work great! Broke two on my car.... well stripped really...

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Originally posted by: 01cougardb
It doesnt look like there is enought room to get the new stud in from behind. Is there enough?
You have to be able to turn the hub to find the spot where you have enough clearance to put the new stud in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it in just fine. Thanks for the help, and I just went to the ford dealership and got one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.