New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my new UIM in the mail, and the UPS man decided to rough up my package somewhere along the way. And my worst fear happened.

So, how should I go about fixing this? Its a fairly clean break, so I was thinking maybe I could take it to a shop and have it somehow welded back on? I really dont know. Someone please help me on this one...I know its had to have happened before. If theres anyone that can help me, its you guys. Please help!

-Cale

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Originally posted by: C4L3
Where/how do I go about getting that taken care of? Dealership?
No, because the part in question is not serviced seperatly. You need to go to a hose/pipe shop and either have them fix it, or have them fabricate a new one.

Call your local parts store and ask them who in the area fabricates fuel/brake lines. A shop like that should be able to fix that right up.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a clean break, would it be possible to file the burrs down and weld the pipe back on? If not, would it be possible to remove the same piece from my current manifold during the swap and tap it into my SVT manifold? I really dont know how difficult it would be to remove/reinstall this piece.

-Cale

·
Administrator
15,616 Posts
I bought mine from a user on here who had sent it out to Extrude Hone, but never installed it once it came back. That piece was just plain missing!!

I pulled the one off my stock UIM and used it on the SVT one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
If your REALY good with a drill you could attempt drilling it out.... but i would strongly suggest against it. Id let a machinist drill it out.

Another thing you could try IF you have a tap / die set. Try tapping the peice left in there.... put a bolt in and use it to pull out maybe with a slide hamer. But if it spins on ya, your FOOKED.

·
Premium Member
16,842 Posts
Originally posted by: EricF
hey don't go blaming us UPS guys... ;) 95% of damages come from bad packaging... ;)

But you should be able to get it fixed
Then how do you explain the illiteracy of the drivers??? :rofl:

:cover:

I'll pm you that story tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Originally posted by: LostRacer
hey don't go blaming us UPS guys... ;) 95% of damages come from bad packaging... ;)

Hey i work for UPS so watch your back! LOL just messing. I don't drive, i sort all the envelopes and small packages. FUN [censored]! LOL

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by: LostRacer

Man, I could tell you a few stories about the driver for my area...can you say baby huey?

Tell me what you guys think about this idea...the break is very clean (VERY. No bend or warping in tubing, nothing but clean snap), so I was thinking about taking it up to my local shop tomorrow morning and see if it would be possible to have them weld it back on. That would work wouldnt it? (I imagine it would just take a nice simple bead and voila, working again?)

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
worth a shot.. i snapped both tubes off my egr pipe when installing headers.. i just countersink the break w/ a drill a bit so they sat in all clean and center.. then had em weld em back on.. no prob whatsoever... i also had to drill out a crossthreaded screw on my svt uim.. very carefully! i didn't want to but it worked out, i just retapped it w/ the same tap as before.. it held, but i went ahead and put a bit longer screw in and then put a bolt on the other end just to be safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.