New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems that everytime I take the UIM off I break something, last time it was the brake booster tubing, this time it's this cylinder-type cap that you can spin and it's bolted onto the back of the UIM. I forgot the name of it, but it snapped right off. There's a harness that plugs into it and two small rubber hoses that fit onto it. It seems like I can either use some JBweld or something to put it back on. Anybody help me out here?

Mike

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,714 Posts
That's your DPFE Sensor I think. It doesn't HAVE to be bolted down, but it's pretty ghetto to leave it hanging...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Actually it's not your DPFE sensor, that is located below your UIM and is a metallic, or Black (depending on if it's factory) box. The thing you have in question is your EVR "EGR Valve Regulator" I do not believe that it is attached to the vacuum part of the UIM, other than those 2 lines that connect below it. You should be able to JB it, or just let it hang, assuming there is no Vacuum leak. I have not taken mine off so I can't be to much more of a help.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
mine's been hanging for a couple years with no problems :)
it broke off my uim because it would bang into my omp bar on hard shifts, lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts