New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats right folks .. for those who have been on here long enough to know me, know that i have never driven this car in winter.. well.......
i lost my job, so gotta get rid of the Golf and bring out the cat, simply put i have an extended warrantee to cover it if anything breaks .. so, whens the next meet

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I have a feeling I'll be doing the same.....my Regal has a gas leak and the fumes are going into the passanger compartment. If it's to much to fix, I'm lighting it on fire and saying to hell with it. And I don't have insurance for fire, so no...it's not a scam :) Just haven't seen a car burn in a while.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by: Mike
Wow! Everyone is gonna be driving their Cougar in the snow again!

Its not so bad guys. I gave my car a wash today, and i'm happier than a pig in s&%t! :biggrin:
u drive with ur kit on?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know its not bad .. the only reason i had a winter/work car is all the km i did .. but since i dont have a field tech job anymore i dont need the work car .. i'm excited about bringing it out, but i know i'm gonna cry that first time i come outside and see it covered in snow ..
had to pick up a new rim and tire, changing the oil tonight hopefully, getting my temp plate .. my sticker is over a year old, gotta get it emmisioned, but its still under factory warrantee so i am not worried about that ... after all is said and done .. i cant wait .. i've seen afew of you on the road .. but with me in the golf you didnt recognize me .. you wont mis me this time around

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Well....I guess I won't be torching the Buick after all. I took it in at 8am today and by noon we had it fixed. BOTH fuel lines (sender and return) had completely rotted out. When we put it up on the hoist there was a steady stream of fuel. Needless to say between last night when I posted and 8am today I had lost $13 in fuel, but it's fixed now...and Idon't have to drive with my head out the window anymore. Total cost to replace both lines in full $147 total labour 3hrs. It took ALOT of bending to get the lines to go where they should once you got past the drivers door and up into the engine bay, but it was shiny new when we were done. Now I just have to go get more gas :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts