New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i got the 2 front break pads today replaced (for a SWEEET PRICE) but after they replaced them my break pad light came on (personally i think it should come on before you get the work done not after) BUT anyways i can't figure out how to turn that darn light off

anyone know how? i tried the fix like the service light has with the "select" and "units" button but it didn't work.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Possible Reason: Brake pads should of costed you about $65 for the front. They come with wear sensors. If you got pads elsewhere besdies ford, it probably didn't have the sensor and now the light will remain on.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Sounds like they did not use the pads with the sensor in them.

First check to see if it is connected by taking off your drivers side wheel and looking at the inside pad. You should see a wire coming off it and plugging into a wire on the caliper. If there is nothing coming from the pad you should see the female plug where the wire is supposed to go.

I would either take out the brake wear bulb itself, or find a way to bypass the wire on the caliper.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Easy fix if you still have the stock pads around.
take the plug from the pad, cut it off the old pad
and take the two wires and wirenut or solder them together
basically to complete the circuit and shut off the light.

if you don't have the old pads you need to find a way
to jumper the two wires/plug that is on the drivers side
front. Then the light will go away..
Or you can do it the hardway and rip the ceiling console out
and take the bulb out...but not worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my dealership did do it so i think i'll go back there and get them to fix it and they better not charge me.

G

·
I just received the KVR pads and I don't see any type of wear sensors on them, would they make the light turn on? Alot of people have these and I haven't heard of any lights coming on with them installed.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they put these pads on during the last day of my warranty and now that my warranty is over do you think they will fix the problem for free since they did cause the problem or will i have to pay for the 55 bucks of labor an hour fee?

G

·
RedDevil,
Only 99 Cougars have the brake sensor. You don't have to worry about it with your 00 *****.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.